Visit our COVID-19 site for latest information regarding how we can support you. For up to date information about the pandemic visit www.sacoronavirus.co.za.

bs-regular
bs-extra-light
bs-light
bs-light
bs-cond-light-webfont
bs-medium
bs-bold
bs-black

Community

Share knowledge. Ask questions. Find answers.

Online Share Trading

Engage and learn about markets and trading online

OST

Yatagan
Frequent Contributor
The current share price in my portfolio view differs substantially from the reigning share price when viewing the individual shares. For instance, under my portfolio view it gives SOL as 1.03 down but looking at SOL in my watch list, it appears to be 48c up for the day. What gives?
0 Kudos
8 REPLIES 8
fressa
Regular Contributor
Ive sent countless emails to the ost support team about an issue that ive been having viewing the share discussion chat forum only to be told that they are working on the issue. Its been going on for over a month now, still no resolution. OST really needs to up its game. this platform is starting to irritate me (and many more i suspect)
0 Kudos
BC02
Super Contributor
it could be showing the delayed price, I often find the prices are lagging by 15min
0 Kudos
Rams
Super Contributor
well, since they dont respond to emails, i just called them and talked to one of the managers...guess what, he told me he is too busy to sort my problem. So OST can be busy because they take your money, but they cant sort your problems...and OST is OST, you cannot go any higher?
0 Kudos
Preston
Super Contributor
In all fairness, those guys are extremely busy.
0 Kudos
BC02
Super Contributor
the other problem is if you are looking at CFD prices then on the homepage it already includes the spread, so theres always a difference between that price and the real price.
0 Kudos
Rams
Super Contributor
and no thanks to you, since you dont trade...anyway dont blow all your pension again!
0 Kudos
Preston
Super Contributor
haha,pension --> nice one dude.
0 Kudos
saash
Super Contributor
Check that you are quoting on live ruling price. There is delayed price, bid price, and like is said, the spread price. On the eft account though, its pretty easy to check the ruling price and adjust your thinking, or wait for close of the day to get an accurate balance.
0 Kudos