Visit our COVID-19 site for latest information regarding how we can support you. For up to date information about the pandemic visit www.sacoronavirus.co.za.

bs-regular
bs-extra-light
bs-light
bs-light
bs-cond-light-webfont
bs-medium
bs-bold
bs-black

Community

Share knowledge. Ask questions. Find answers.

Online Share Trading

Engage and learn about markets and trading online

OUT OF INTEREST:

surfer
Regular Contributor
BECAUSE WE DONT KNOW EACH OTHER PERSONALLY ,RATHER JUST ON THIS FORUM HOW MUCH IS YOUR PORTFOLIO ON OST WORTH
0 Kudos
10 REPLIES 10
john_1
Super Contributor
Thats like asking how big is your d!ck
0 Kudos
CHATTYCHAT
Super Contributor
Ha-ha-ha-ha........... and not under educational. Go for General
0 Kudos
CHATTYCHAT
Super Contributor
or: how big is your tw@t
0 Kudos
Plonky
Super Contributor
I already answered that one in Preston's thread.
0 Kudos
SKALA
Super Contributor
Just reduced my account with 200k cash transfer to buy a new vehicle. Still enough left to satisfy.
0 Kudos
Brommie
Frequent Contributor
Capitals are like shouting and the size of my portfolio has got nothing to do with you.
0 Kudos
Not applicable
0 Kudos
Not applicable
Price of a sixpack and a coupla damp rizzlas..oh, an a hot babe with a fambly fortune..
0 Kudos
WR
Regular Contributor
Chartist, how much did you start upwith out of interest. DR
0 Kudos
Not applicable
D.R....just mucking about....trying to point out how pointless that question is....I do have a comment to make on portfolio sizes....for the longer term buy and hold stuff your portfolio size can be unlimited but your short term trading portfolio should be kept to a limit you have set for yourself....this is very important. For my alsi day trading portfolio I have enough to cover me for 5 contracts (75K) which gives me an exposure to R 1.5 million.....the thing is to cash out regularly and never never to put money back in when you dip under the limit.....this forces you to trade smaller lots and work hard for the money you have lost....if your account is too big its just too easy to take on a appropriately sized position.... with this account I set the monthly goal of 35k thats about 8K per week ....very doable if you set the targets and stop when you have reached them.....thats 3 contracts moving 60 points in a steadily trending market or 1 contract moving 180 pts per day in a volatile market....want to make a living not a killing...
0 Kudos