Visit our COVID-19 site for latest information regarding how we can support you. For up to date information about the pandemic visit www.sacoronavirus.co.za.

bs-regular
bs-extra-light
bs-light
bs-light
bs-cond-light-webfont
bs-medium
bs-bold
bs-black

Community

Share knowledge. Ask questions. Find answers.

Online Share Trading

Engage and learn about markets and trading online

OVERSEAS LOTTOS

mehroon
Frequent Contributor
Does anyone know where one can buy foreign lotto tickets? Thank you.
0 Kudos
21 REPLIES 21
Russ
Super Contributor
This from an e-mail I got a while back.Take your pick!You would have to enter and pay online by credit card. Friday's PlayEuroMillions.com rollover jackpot is _27,000,000! Saturday's PlayUSAlotteries.com PowerBall rollover jackpot is $20,000,000! Also on Saturday is a PlayUKlottery.com rollover jackpot of £7,000,000!
0 Kudos
Not applicable
You can play them all at lottery24.com....cheepest comm rates I am told from my family members that play these things.

However someone once told me....Lotteries are for the mathematically challenged!

you have more chance of winning at Roulette than the lottery.
0 Kudos
barry_1
Super Contributor
be extremely carefull once about ten years ago,was conned by a dutch company which looked legit,supposed to be able to buy anywhere in the world,turned out to be a big scam,cost me then R1000!
0 Kudos
Wizard
Super Contributor
How many of the lotteries are NOT run by Nigerians??
0 Kudos
john_1
Super Contributor
geez what are the chances that they actually buy you the tickets? After all there is a 1 in 100000000000000000000000000000000 or something chance of you actually picking the number
0 Kudos
SimonPB
Valued Contributor
exactly .. an if by complete fluke you win you never going to be able to sue them for the winnings .. they'll just liquidate and blame an admin clerk and register a new url ..
0 Kudos
AJT
Super Contributor
Yip, as they say, "the Lotto is for those that are mathematically challenged"..
0 Kudos
kwagga
Super Contributor
Try www.lottery24.com. They are the only guys I know off that actually scan and send you a copy of your tickets the same day you purchace it. They run a legit business, so if you feel like paying a bit of European tax then go right ahead and pay £3.50 a number for the Euro millions.
0 Kudos
mehroon
Frequent Contributor
South African Lotto cn be bought by subscription directly from GIDANI. Don't the foreign Lotto organisers have a similar arrangement so that tickets can be bought directly from them?
0 Kudos
richardw
Super Contributor
Or another version "lotto is tax for those who can't do maths"
0 Kudos
kwagga
Super Contributor
Here is a bit of a visual exercise to you give you an idea of the chances of winning the Euro millions. If you take each number, cut it out - 3 cm per number and you place it next to each other 33 000 numbers will make 1km. Let say for arguments sake 100 000 000 numbers is sold for a big jackpot, you could make up 3000 + km's of numbers neatly placed next to each other. No imagine you drive in a car for three days and decide to stop after a few days, get out of your car, walk to the row of numbers, and behold the first number you pick up is yours. Dream on. But then again, you could pay more than R36 for a little excitement.
0 Kudos
kwagga
Super Contributor
Here is a bit of a visual exercise to you give you an idea of the chances of winning the Euro millions. If you take each number, cut it out - 3 cm per number and you place it next to each other 33 000 numbers will make 1km. Let say for arguments sake 100 000 000 numbers is sold for a big jackpot, you could make up 3000 + km's of numbers neatly placed next to each other. No imagine you drive in a car for three days and decide to stop after a few days, get out of your car, walk to the row of numbers, and behold the first number you pick up is yours. Dream on. But then again, you could pay more than R36 for a little excitement.
0 Kudos
Not applicable
My sister in law showed me her lottery24 site. They actually buy, scan and email you the legit copy of the ticket they bought so you have record of it. They also checkout withe the UK and EU lotteries board as one of the few registered online outlets, so I would guess they are legit. I had a guy in our neighbourhood (brother of a friend) who actually won the UK jackpot through this thing in Feb 2009. Something like 9mil GBP - and he dont live in SA no more......
0 Kudos
SimonPB
Valued Contributor
so I buy a lotto ticket .. scan it and sell it to 24 people .. nive business model ..
0 Kudos
Not applicable
If those 24 people chose the same numbers....these guys I am told buy the ticket the day you order it and allocate that ticket number exclusively to your account number, but I never use them So I would not really know exactly how the systems works. Like I said Looto is for mathematically challenged people. I have better aoods at ROulette or even poker
0 Kudos
Russ
Super Contributor
even day trading.....maybe.
0 Kudos
Wizard
Super Contributor
I like this association ;)
0 Kudos
Maggie
Super Contributor
0 Kudos
Oops
Occasional Contributor
In terms of current Exchange Control rulings in South Africa, you are not permitted to play foreign lotteries. This is highlighted in the Exchange Control Regulations and the Exchange Control Rulings. The regulations can be found at www.resbank.co.za under "Exchange Control, Publications"
0 Kudos