Well, just shows what hard work and honesty can do...the same lesson learnt for the second time. now that he can complete all that he has promised, will be the greatest president ever and all over the world.
Re:Re:I will short this market for 6000 points by striker on 17 Oct 13:53 - I'm no expert on American politics, but according to a couple of top investment guru's , Romney is a cert. - I'ts baked in the cake they're saying. And true to American values, they reckon it's his campaign funds of $1.0bn , against Obama's $700 m, that's likely to swing it. Romney is also well connected in the big money circles. 17 Oct 13:53 [Reply] [Zoom Out] Re:Re:Re:I will short this market for 6000 points by SimonPB on 17 Oct 14:16 the only cert is a dead cert when you can bet the dead horse will not win the race .. Re:Re:Re:Re:I will short this market for 6000 points by Rams on 17 Oct 14:58 and Romney is a dead horse which makes him a dead cert...
I think it is the end of the Republicans as we knew them. Their over conservatism, religious views, anti gay, and in fact views most young people frown upon in to-days modern world. There were/are more women voters in USA = anti war etc. Whether this president can pull them through all their problems, only time will tell.
- What are you going on about ? If you bothered to read my posting before spewing your bile, I was merely quoting from views I had seen from various American reporters, on the election run up. They were the views of those reporters, not my own personal v
when Obama took office in 2009, GDP was -4.2%, in 3Q of 2012, GDP was +2.3%(htttp//bloombg/UwGUeu)...via twitter @BloombergTV. Anyway, you guys are real, sour grapes, the election is over, the American people have made their choice...no amount of nonsense chat now is going to change anything...at least they dont have a president who Might Robme!
Abraham Lincoln, arguably the father of the modern US democratic republic, famously said "Government of the people by the people, for the people". The Revolutionary War in turn was fought over the principle of "no taxation without representation". In doing so, Americans accepted the converse of "no representation without taxation", which is at the heart of a true democracy. Unless all of society has "skin in the game", undesirable outcomes will result. Thomas Jefferson, the third president of the US and drafter of the Declaration of Independence, said: "Democracy is nothing more than mob rule, where 51% of the people may take away the rights of the other 49%." Bleak as that sounds, he did also say: "Whenever the people are well informed, they can be trusted with their own government." Winston Churchill, in turn, said: "The best argument against democracy is a five-minute conversation with the average voter." Maybe they deserve their just dessertsÂ…
Well, if it's any consolation, I didn't like Mitt either. I don't trust 6.5inch multimillionaire jocks twice my age, with 10 times more hair and a history in the financial sector. It's probably an ego thing.