Visit our COVID-19 site for latest information regarding how we can support you. For up to date information about the pandemic visit www.sacoronavirus.co.za.

bs-regular
bs-extra-light
bs-light
bs-light
bs-cond-light-webfont
bs-medium
bs-bold
bs-black

Community

Share knowledge. Ask questions. Find answers.

Online Share Trading

Engage and learn about markets and trading online

Obama Victory

Rams
Super Contributor
Well, just shows what hard work and honesty can do...the same lesson learnt for the second time. now that he can complete all that he has promised, will be the greatest president ever and all over the world.
0 Kudos
23 REPLIES 23
Not applicable
Lol...and continue to expand the welfare state while the fiscal cliff looms right around the corner...uhmm, no wait right ahead!
0 Kudos
CHATTYCHAT
Super Contributor
As per Alfred E Neuman: "How come we choose from just two people for President, and fifty for Miss America?"
0 Kudos
striker
Super Contributor
- A political journalist in America commented that of all his initial pre -election promises, Obama kept just one ; he bought his family that Spaniel puppy.
0 Kudos
Not applicable
and if I understand it correctly most of his promises will have to approved by the house of rep which is controlled by the republicans?
0 Kudos
Rams
Super Contributor
Re:Re:I will short this market for 6000 points by striker on 17 Oct 13:53 - I'm no expert on American politics, but according to a couple of top investment guru's , Romney is a cert. - I'ts baked in the cake they're saying. And true to American values, they reckon it's his campaign funds of $1.0bn , against Obama's $700 m, that's likely to swing it. Romney is also well connected in the big money circles. 17 Oct 13:53 [Reply] [Zoom Out] Re:Re:Re:I will short this market for 6000 points by SimonPB on 17 Oct 14:16 the only cert is a dead cert when you can bet the dead horse will not win the race .. Re:Re:Re:Re:I will short this market for 6000 points by Rams on 17 Oct 14:58 and Romney is a dead horse which makes him a dead cert...
0 Kudos
Rams
Super Contributor
well, are you invested with your top investment gurus...time to disinvest? and change your baker! eh eh!
0 Kudos
warhippo
Super Contributor
I think it is the end of the Republicans as we knew them. Their over conservatism, religious views, anti gay, and in fact views most young people frown upon in to-days modern world. There were/are more women voters in USA = anti war etc. Whether this president can pull them through all their problems, only time will tell.
0 Kudos
striker
Super Contributor
- What are you going on about ? If you bothered to read my posting before spewing your bile, I was merely quoting from views I had seen from various American reporters, on the election run up. They were the views of those reporters, not my own personal v
0 Kudos
Rams
Super Contributor
So you not goingbto change your baker then.
0 Kudos
Rams
Super Contributor
well, Wall Street seems upset about something...what no repeal of the Wall Street Act?
0 Kudos
DEP
Super Contributor
Its prophetic... Obama is the president that will oversee the collapse of the US$ and possibly the global financial system.
0 Kudos
Not applicable
Obama for bonds and Romney for stocks
0 Kudos
Russ
Super Contributor
The dow is taking a big klap at the moment and our gold shares up today.At last Dr. Roffey has something to smile about.
0 Kudos
MehmoodHaffejee
Frequent Contributor
Obama or rather "Oh Bummer"
0 Kudos
SimonPB
Valued Contributor
an as it happens I planted extra pumpkin on the weekend :) queensland blue - my fav ..
0 Kudos
kwagga
Super Contributor
Wait, don't tell me it a black thing. Your judgement is clearly clowded. Why don't you have a visual look at what he's really created, and then think again. Usually something visual is stronger than empty promises and you might learn something. http://www.nytimes.com/interactive/2012/02/13/us/politics/2013-budget-proposal-graphic.html This is what you call a welfare state. Also look at budget shortfall and debt repayment.
0 Kudos
Rams
Super Contributor
when Obama took office in 2009, GDP was -4.2%, in 3Q of 2012, GDP was +2.3%(htttp//bloombg/UwGUeu)...via twitter @BloombergTV. Anyway, you guys are real, sour grapes, the election is over, the American people have made their choice...no amount of nonsense chat now is going to change anything...at least they dont have a president who Might Robme!
0 Kudos
topgun
Super Contributor
Abraham Lincoln, arguably the father of the modern US democratic republic, famously said "Government of the people by the people, for the people". The Revolutionary War in turn was fought over the principle of "no taxation without representation". In doing so, Americans accepted the converse of "no representation without taxation", which is at the heart of a true democracy. Unless all of society has "skin in the game", undesirable outcomes will result. Thomas Jefferson, the third president of the US and drafter of the Declaration of Independence, said: "Democracy is nothing more than mob rule, where 51% of the people may take away the rights of the other 49%." Bleak as that sounds, he did also say: "Whenever the people are well informed, they can be trusted with their own government." Winston Churchill, in turn, said: "The best argument against democracy is a five-minute conversation with the average voter." Maybe they deserve their just dessertsÂ…
0 Kudos
kwagga
Super Contributor
Well, if it's any consolation, I didn't like Mitt either. I don't trust 6.5inch multimillionaire jocks twice my age, with 10 times more hair and a history in the financial sector. It's probably an ego thing.
0 Kudos