Visit our COVID-19 site for latest information regarding how we can support you. For up to date information about the pandemic visit www.sacoronavirus.co.za.

bs-regular
bs-extra-light
bs-light
bs-light
bs-cond-light-webfont
bs-medium
bs-bold
bs-black

Community

Share knowledge. Ask questions. Find answers.

Online Share Trading

Engage and learn about markets and trading online

Obama Victory

Rams
Super Contributor
Yeah, like the old South Africa, when 6 million people voted, and the other 44 million did not....now I like Obama because he reminds me of what Mandela could have been if he were allowed to run for president rather than run from the from the 6 million voters.Now that Obama wins, you guys are questioning democracy....well plant some bananas also( Simon planting pumpkins) for the monkeys....
0 Kudos
Preston
Super Contributor
Let go of the past,Ram.
0 Kudos
topgun
Super Contributor
Lol...plant a banana...and there you illustrate Churchill's exact point!!
0 Kudos
kwagga
Super Contributor
Imagine what Churchill would’ve said if he knew that democratic rules would govern countries where in 2001 32% of the population (9.6 mil people) were functional illiterate. He probably would have said – My god man, you will end up with a herd boy for president. http://dbnweb2.ukzn.ac.za/joe/joepdfs/joe%2039%20aitchison%20and%20harley.pdf …and then people wonder why Africa was conquered without much of a fight. It’s because even the guy cleaning the ships desk could read, write and handle a mass produced weapon. The opposition had pointy sticks (aka spears) and rocks. Unfortunately for them Spaniards, English and French were not lions, elephant or hyenas.
0 Kudos