Visit our COVID-19 site for latest information regarding how we can support you. For up to date information about the pandemic visit www.sacoronavirus.co.za.

bs-regular
bs-extra-light
bs-light
bs-light
bs-cond-light-webfont
bs-medium
bs-bold
bs-black

Community

Share knowledge. Ask questions. Find answers.

Online Share Trading

Engage and learn about markets and trading online

Off shore investments

Not applicable
One hears about diversifying and being invested in Dollars/Euros/Sterling. Would the ITX exchange funds be a good idea even though the fund is trading in Rands from here?
0 Kudos
9 REPLIES 9
SimonPB
Valued Contributor
yes, or even stocks like Richemont or liberty international that are 100% off shore stcoks.
0 Kudos
Not applicable
Thanks Simon. One hears so much from various "experts" so it is great to have our own credible expert on hand.
0 Kudos
DCTrader
Super Contributor
Offshore isn't always better... back in 2000 everyone was screaming about the fact that you need to diversify and get funds offshore. I know of 2 cases involving overseas hedge funds as well as private portfolios that literally saw there a$$es because the rand went from R13 to R7. With the rand at R7 it's unlikely to happen like that again but why not take advantage of the local boom we experiencing?
0 Kudos
Not applicable
Thanks DC. Am aware of that. The Rand has been more or less stable for a while. My point about going into overseas funds on a Rand basis - is it better than actaully shifting hard cash over to get perhaps an edge forex-wise if the Rand should go over the R7 we are currently sitting at. Unfortunately it is anyone's guess. However, those with a crystal ball please advise.
0 Kudos
SimonPB
Valued Contributor
dc you be correct. ZIRCS, hmm expert I am not. Just been doing this a long time and have a view on everything, sometimes that view happens to be worthless.
0 Kudos
Beep_Beep
Super Contributor
I have currently got investments through a investment compnay in UK unit trusts. i would like to do this myself like I do locally with Equinox.co.za which has worked very well for me over the past two or three years. Do you guys know of anyway to this on the UK funds. Is Itrix the platform for this??
0 Kudos
SimonPB
Valued Contributor
itrix is a tracker that trades on the jse. itrix.co.za
0 Kudos
Beep_Beep
Super Contributor
Thanks saw it - what is the liquidity like here or does it not matter.
0 Kudos
SimonPB
Valued Contributor
DB is the market maker and liquidity should not be a problem.
0 Kudos