Visit our COVID-19 site for latest information regarding how we can support you. For up to date information about the pandemic visit www.sacoronavirus.co.za.

bs-regular
bs-extra-light
bs-light
bs-light
bs-cond-light-webfont
bs-medium
bs-bold
bs-black

Community

Share knowledge. Ask questions. Find answers.

Online Share Trading

Engage and learn about markets and trading online

Off the subject business idea

Not applicable
There is a huge amount of free downloads, songs etc. Could businesses spring up worldwide dedicated to putting the downloads onto cd/dvd and charging for the service? Also see http://socyberty.com/activism/raising-funds-for-schools-and-other-organisations/
0 Kudos
9 REPLIES 9
SimonPB
Valued Contributor
sure, as long as you only charge for the proccess/material and not te actual data/file. But why would I pay to go backwards when I can just download it?
0 Kudos
Not applicable
Downloading a hundred songs or so takes up to 400 meg by my calculations
0 Kudos
SimonPB
Valued Contributor
sure, but even at expensive capped telkom ADSL rates that's about R30 cost ..
0 Kudos
Not applicable
If I downloaded legal popular songs and kept them on my computer I could put them on numerous cds for people at a cost of about R2 for each cd. Dvds also
0 Kudos
SimonPB
Valued Contributor
The trick may be pure quantity .. give me a DVD with 3.5GB of music, that's about 700 songs or 70 albums .. then I can gget stuff that I'd never normally listen to and check it out ..
0 Kudos
Antonofafrica
Contributor
I reckon the effort is greater than the potential return... Unless you go large scale, in which case you will get into ***** should there be even 1 copyrighted tract in that 700 or so...
0 Kudos
john_1
Super Contributor
beter idea, sell itunes gift vouchers to sa citizens who want Itunes but dont have account ofshore!.. I will take 5% thanks
0 Kudos
Mar-11
Super Contributor
had an idea of selling credit at convenient stores much the same as airtime. But the credit would be used online for people who dont have credit cards....(as most sites only accept credit cards)
0 Kudos
smart_money
Occasional Contributor
Slightly off the topic - but where could I go to access these FREE downloads? My Nokia N96 with 8GB was stolen with all my music (still had about 7GB to fill though) - Bl00dy smash-and-grabbing b@stards. So now I have to start my music collection from scratch ( hadn't backed up squat -was waiting for tomorrow) and don't feel up to paying an arm and a leg for more music for the future benefit of some criminal s.o.b. In case you didn't notice I'm very bitter after incident
0 Kudos