Visit our COVID-19 site for latest information regarding how we can support you. For up to date information about the pandemic visit www.sacoronavirus.co.za.

bs-regular
bs-extra-light
bs-light
bs-light
bs-cond-light-webfont
bs-medium
bs-bold
bs-black

Community

Share knowledge. Ask questions. Find answers.

Online Share Trading

Engage and learn about markets and trading online

Off topic...an experiment

Not applicable
Well heres the Friday Update: God, I wish it was a good one but truth be told it's bad....Really bad. Lost 6 sessions in a row. Even with the money management in place, this has still brought me down from R4000 to R3100. In these sessions there was one bad beat (Extreme high probability bet that loses to bigtime longshot) - I am not upset about these type of losses at all. But the rest was due to some recklessness. In general at the low limits its not that great to try to bluff as people tend to call you down. Anyway, bottom line: A terrible start but I will push on. 5% now buys me in for R150 per game. Something good has emerged from all this: When I lose I am incredibly tempted to move to a higher stakes game and make losses back double time. This is exactly what I do in trading and I have to really fight to keep myself alligned wiht the plan when its not working. So while my bank balance decreases, my self discipline is on the rise. I know I come under ridicule from this result, but hey, what the hell!
0 Kudos
Not applicable
Classic example of tilting
0 Kudos
SimonPB
Valued Contributor
nah .. titling is when things get broken or killed .. this not even close ..
0 Kudos
Not applicable
Yes, impatience made me tilt and actually caused me to break one of my rules: only one session a day. Very difficult for me to wait for the right set up when other players are hitting full houses and sets left right and center...tried to bluff and got screwed. Another example of how discipline is so important!
0 Kudos
Not applicable
Sounds Like you playing piggs peak? most inconsistent platform out there. My advise as a 4hour a day poker player is join ladbrokes, at least you play in euros and game-play is much more realistic. They offer a wide variety of cash games and the tournaments are 10 times more profitable than local Poker sites
0 Kudos
Not applicable
Sparco, would you mind sharing your email add. A few questions I would like to ask you.
0 Kudos
CHATTYCHAT
Super Contributor
This guy Jonnno has one very good point - he's HONEST
0 Kudos