Visit our COVID-19 site for latest information regarding how we can support you. For up to date information about the pandemic visit www.sacoronavirus.co.za.

bs-regular
bs-extra-light
bs-light
bs-light
bs-cond-light-webfont
bs-medium
bs-bold
bs-black

Community

Share knowledge. Ask questions. Find answers.

Online Share Trading

Engage and learn about markets and trading online

Oh Chartist My Captain...

Zanzibar
Occasional Contributor
Any late boarding passes left on this boat?
0 Kudos
7 REPLIES 7
Not applicable
on 11/06 we saw SOL penetrate deep into the ambush zone, intraday below the 61.8% retracement from the previous most recent highs ....it closed above this retracement. This was an important day for SOL...RSI has turned up and penetrated first resistance...I would wait for EMA cross overs and for the 100 day ema at 24829 seems to be offering some support.... If you are into Fibs this retracement should now be complete and the close above the 38.2% would take some extra downside risk out of the trade...
0 Kudos
Not applicable
Interestingly if you look at the decline from 19/02 to 20/03 the following rally extended almost exactly to the 161.8% exstention...some 5000 points or 20%...
0 Kudos
Zanzibar
Occasional Contributor
I Must admit I am relatively new to all this, but I'm studying as we go along. Still trying to get my head wrapped around the Fibs. - And not those uttered by the Rofster. Thanks a lot for the insight.
0 Kudos
Not applicable
0 Kudos
Not applicable
Zanzibar, fibs are really really easy...in fact everything in TA is...
0 Kudos
SimonPB
Valued Contributor
unless you decide to make it really really complicated - an all that does it loose you money.
0 Kudos
Not applicable
Ja, you know in general I find every industry tries to complicate things in order to increase the value perception so called experts can potentially add....you find it everywhere and TA is no exception...(esp when you have ppl who use their PHD title) The market is made up of people driven by the same basic desires you and I have and if you can make the connection as to how this is manifest in the market you will be 80% there...the best chartists are not the best traders
0 Kudos