Visit our COVID-19 site for latest information regarding how we can support you. For up to date information about the pandemic visit www.sacoronavirus.co.za.

bs-regular
bs-extra-light
bs-light
bs-light
bs-cond-light-webfont
bs-medium
bs-bold
bs-black

Community

Share knowledge. Ask questions. Find answers.

Online Share Trading

Engage and learn about markets and trading online

Oh my rally, oh my gap!

saash
Super Contributor
Statistically, when we fail to close a gap on the 3rd day, the rally steams ahead in the direction of the gap for some days to follow.
0 Kudos
25 REPLIES 25
Not applicable
U referring to the gap on 4 May?
0 Kudos
venice
Super Contributor
What about this mornings gap?? it closed. The gap from the 4 th will close just not today, but when it does going to be fantastic.
0 Kudos
Not applicable
0 Kudos
saash
Super Contributor
0 Kudos
john_1
Super Contributor
Saash traditionally gaps on a daily chart are signs of a start of trend, continuation of trend or the end of a trend.. usually not to tricky to figure out were you are, and then trade them accordingly...my favourite example of a break away gap is SASOL when it was in consolidation for a full year touched 212 and then gapped and never looked back...until the global ***** hit the global fan that is.
0 Kudos
Tenor
Contributor
Does GAP trading work on individual shares? Does a gap always close?
0 Kudos
john_1
Super Contributor
go re read the post, Sir Galahad
0 Kudos
Tenor
Contributor
Im not sure which one you are refering to, I find it very risky to stay in overnite on BIL and IMP because of the gaps that occur with opening and closing.
0 Kudos
saash
Super Contributor
Gaps are less relevent on shares
0 Kudos
Tenor
Contributor
Thanks, where can i find Literature on the topic? Do you have any ideas?
0 Kudos
saash
Super Contributor
0 Kudos
saash
Super Contributor
0 Kudos
Tenor
Contributor
thanks, that really narrows it down...
0 Kudos
john_1
Super Contributor
Geez What do you expect to be spoon fed...now ***** off and learn something for yourself
0 Kudos
Tenor
Contributor
easy john . Didnt mean to soud ungrateful, actually ment it as a joke. "GAP TRADE" results in 300 000 sites on Google. Im sure Ill find something there.Im not asking to be spoonfed anything, just a nudge in the right direction every now and then, thats why I didnt ask directly for advice,but rather for good literature to educate myself.Sorry man.Thanks for the advice Saash.
0 Kudos
Not applicable
Yea u gotta be careful with John. But the good news is he said you're allowed to insult him if you survive two years of trading. I got 10 months to go and am counting.
0 Kudos
Tenor
Contributor
ha ha , ill wait for that post. I can imagine that the more experienced traders get irritated with some of the questions. But everyone started at the bottom , and got advice form someone.
0 Kudos
Not applicable
There used to be some good Gap articles on: http://stockcharts.com also check articles on: www.trade2win.com site and also google this article in Stocks and Commodities: 'Gauging gaps' by TN Bulkowski
0 Kudos
john_1
Super Contributor
Now Five lets be honest here..you insulted me first and I said before you have that right.. prove to me you can stick arround for 2 years..then go for it..I may not have been quite so polite but that was the essence of it...as for you Sir Galahad you were not asking advice..if you had read the thread you would have already had your answer also when given the key you asked for somebody to turn it...so Galahad what can you tell us about gaps,
0 Kudos