Visit our COVID-19 site for latest information regarding how we can support you. For up to date information about the pandemic visit www.sacoronavirus.co.za.

bs-regular
bs-extra-light
bs-light
bs-light
bs-cond-light-webfont
bs-medium
bs-bold
bs-black

Community

Share knowledge. Ask questions. Find answers.

Online Share Trading

Engage and learn about markets and trading online

Oil

Not applicable
I don't think Sasol has announced yet how they will finance the investment in the US. But their business model must be at a bit of risk at the moment, I guess. Personally, I think the investment is a game changer - and you are getting Sasol at a decent price here. But the issue for me is that Sasol has to finance the deal - and that mechanism isn't explained yet - so you can bet your bottom dollar that you will be facing a rights issue ...
0 Kudos
Rams
Super Contributor
I remember so clearly Mut Romney , going on about oil production and price of Gas in US.....Obama outlined his party's plan for gas price and oil production to be achieved before his term was over and did say late 2014,,,,,hey it's late 2014
0 Kudos
fressa
Regular Contributor
Thanks Skaaptjop. If they havenÂ’t yet announced how they plan on financing this $8 billion project, it might be best to wait patiently on the sidelines before getting in. With OPEC announcing they not cutting production and increasing interest rates Sasol and Shale producers might find things really tough. OPEC are clearly trying to suffocate the Shale industry but we can be assured that eventually (whenever that might beÂ…) oil will rise again.
0 Kudos
Werner_1
Super Contributor
I see that the capital expense breakdown is obviously highest in SA but USA is not closely on its tail. I think this US project makes this company very attractive for me, once this is developed and up and running it will create some great income for the group. This is truly a global company then and will not have the geopolitical risks that we sit with in SA. I will be looking at this one closely and start a position when i think the time is right. It could also be a great target for continuous acquisitions if the price fluctuates with the oil price... I just believe now we are seeing some good levels actually...
0 Kudos