Visit our COVID-19 site for latest information regarding how we can support you. For up to date information about the pandemic visit www.sacoronavirus.co.za.

bs-regular
bs-extra-light
bs-light
bs-light
bs-cond-light-webfont
bs-medium
bs-bold
bs-black

Community

Share knowledge. Ask questions. Find answers.

Online Share Trading

Engage and learn about markets and trading online

Ok I cooked the goose that lays the golden egg!

john_1
Super Contributor
I need a spread bet platform that trades the alsi....NOT IGMarkets AND NOT IDEALCfd any sugestions!!
0 Kudos
15 REPLIES 15
Not applicable
0 Kudos
john_1
Super Contributor
If you knew what I did mate you would be saying quite the opp it was pure Geniuss..
0 Kudos
Werner_1
Super Contributor
does that mean no more golden eggs? lol...
0 Kudos
john_1
Super Contributor
No way! It just means I get a new goose...
0 Kudos
Not applicable
I know exactly what happened...time to get real
0 Kudos
Werner_1
Super Contributor
lol, just joking... the year is getting too long and i am getting in a funny mood now... well done!
0 Kudos
john_1
Super Contributor
Send me a mail telling me what you think happened and I will tell you how close you are...
0 Kudos
Not applicable
OK, I got to ask, how can we find out what happened. I can't even begin to guess - unless you made some sort of massive trade and defaulted on your margin - in which case I should be worried, and will be asking - what the blazes did you do???
0 Kudos
john_1
Super Contributor
0 Kudos
Werner_1
Super Contributor
0 Kudos
MenuOption
Frequent Contributor
Let me guess, just for fun
You place both a long and a short, but since the trading house guarentees a specific stop-loss, you gain the up on one of the two, but not the down on the other. If this is the strategy, you need two trading houses that both have guarenteed fixed stop losses. Anyway, just guessing for fun.
0 Kudos
JDT
Regular Contributor
There's always GT247, John. Open a demo and see if it's what you're looking for.
0 Kudos
SimonPB
Valued Contributor
being short and long the same underlying only ever makes your broker rich. I know lots fo people think this is an excelelnt idea, as the marklet moves you close the one position (the loser). But then you have made 3 trades to get to be in position (the short and long and closing one of them). Why not just wait until the market moves, and enter (the entry requires exactly the same everything that the closing does, except opposite side, but still need to act etc.) = only one trade.
0 Kudos
Werner_1
Super Contributor
i agree Simon, just a thought, if they really want, they can make a virtual trade somewhere to determine which is the one to really buy, e.g. write both trades down, when the one moves more than x% in the direction of the stoploss, by the other in real life?
0 Kudos
MenuOption
Frequent Contributor
Simon, I agree with you 100%. However, if, and I doubt if this is true, but if IG has fixed stops that are guarenteed, even on overnight positions, then surely it is easy to have an open overnight position both long and short, with the losing side being capped. But, like I say, big if. IG will go bankcrup quickly if they guarentee stops on overnight positions.
0 Kudos