Visit our COVID-19 site for latest information regarding how we can support you. For up to date information about the pandemic visit www.sacoronavirus.co.za.

bs-regular
bs-extra-light
bs-light
bs-light
bs-cond-light-webfont
bs-medium
bs-bold
bs-black

Community

Share knowledge. Ask questions. Find answers.

Online Share Trading

Engage and learn about markets and trading online

Ok, serious post about SA gold shares

Not applicable
Blah blah blah... Gold over 1,220 and the Dollar is looking like its gonna bounce big time upwards. The rand is starting to weaken. Gold price is almost back to 9,000. Harmony is back to 80, resistance is at 84. Anglogold is one that has underperformed this rally and looks really cheap in comparison. 335 to 345 is definitely possible. I been in and out lately.... but with this market uncertainty I decided to increase my long position. Lets go, I want to see ANG at 325 high by tomorrow...
0 Kudos
12 REPLIES 12
Not applicable
Snap1. I totally agree. Anglogold needs a big move to re-adjust what is happening in the market currently. If you look at gold, we are looking at res @ 1226 and then a move to 1234, which is not impossible still today. Hope that ANG comes right soon. He needs to get over that 317 barrier in my opinion.
0 Kudos
john_1
Super Contributor
Serriously gold and gold miners are like chalk and cheese...one is the trade in a usless yellow metal the other, trade in the risk of sending men 3000m below the earth to dig tunnels and blow ***** up!..not comparable!!!!!!!
0 Kudos
Not applicable
haha interesting way to look at gold mining - what a waste of time :)
0 Kudos
SimonPB
Valued Contributor
well I dunno, blowing stuff up is fun ..
0 Kudos
Not applicable
hello, i am new into share trading and could like to know more about gold share for short or long term inverstnent
0 Kudos
john_1
Super Contributor
sure tis fun above ground, but when there is 30000000 tons of rock above your head..not so sure I agree!
0 Kudos
john_1
Super Contributor
its niether a short or long term investment I would make..thats if you want to actually make a profit!
0 Kudos
Not applicable
We need a permanenet section for new people.We need a permanenet section for new people.We need a permanenet section for new people.We need a permanenet section for new people. -Oops. the key got stuck.
0 Kudos
Not applicable
Gold shares are normally short term because of their volatility. They don't really go up much in the long term.
0 Kudos
stores
Super Contributor
Simon....Why don't you get Mark Catifani, Bobby Godsell or even Mark Bristow on one of your radio shows..Maybe they will change your and John's mind about the future of gold mining companies..(Maybe you have done this already and if you have please advise of the conversation/twitter/facebook or the radio show detail).
0 Kudos
SimonPB
Valued Contributor
I have been on TV three times with a large mining company CEO .. merely confirmed myy views .. they price takers which is nasty .. an they struggle to control costs .. why would I want to buy those risks ??
0 Kudos
PaulC
Super Contributor
Gold shares overbought. Id hold em if you have em but wouldnt add right now.
0 Kudos