Visit our COVID-19 site for latest information regarding how we can support you. For up to date information about the pandemic visit www.sacoronavirus.co.za.

bs-regular
bs-extra-light
bs-light
bs-light
bs-cond-light-webfont
bs-medium
bs-bold
bs-black

Community

Share knowledge. Ask questions. Find answers.

Online Share Trading

Engage and learn about markets and trading online

Omnia

kudu
Occasional Contributor
Any comments or views on this share? ...I would think that they might have made a hell of a lot of money in 2008/2009.
0 Kudos
3 REPLIES 3
GarethJ
Regular Contributor
One of my favourite smallcaps. Think the CEO was on Simon's show and they appear to have good prospects going forward. Fertilizers for Agriculture - should be growth area. Chemicals for mines - as world economy improves then mining should get back to pre slump levels.
0 Kudos
prancing_horse
Super Contributor
No doubt they (all fert companies)made a killing this past season, not the case this year, eg Urea was selling for R5000/ton now R3000, phosphates up to R12000/ton now R5000.Crop farmers saving grace this past season was the excellent yields, not price received for their products.Futures price for maize being what they are, I wonder how many will not plant, causing a shortage, should we have below average rainfall.A good bet at this stage is buy white maize futures, with the Rand currently strong, can only see the price going one way, thats my call.
0 Kudos
kicc
Frequent Contributor
Hi - any views on this one in light of the trading statement issued yesterday.
0 Kudos