Visit our COVID-19 site for latest information regarding how we can support you. For up to date information about the pandemic visit www.sacoronavirus.co.za.

bs-regular
bs-extra-light
bs-light
bs-light
bs-cond-light-webfont
bs-medium
bs-bold
bs-black

Community

Share knowledge. Ask questions. Find answers.

Online Share Trading

Engage and learn about markets and trading online

On a real lighter note

Preston
Super Contributor
To all the whiskey lovers in this forum, what brands of whiskey is your favourite and why? Alternatively what are your guys favourite distilled alcoholic beverage ?
0 Kudos
31 REPLIES 31
Preston
Super Contributor
Let me be the first to contribute. Love the Johnnie Walker Brand but my current favourite would have to be "Jameson gold reserve". Quite expensive but worth every drop.
0 Kudos
prancing_horse
Super Contributor
Whiskey or whisky or both?
0 Kudos
Preston
Super Contributor
0 Kudos
Chutney
Occasional Contributor
there are two whiskeys i like.... they are not the classic 'lany' brands but are really tasty and unique.....also fan of a nice single malt...go to makro liqueur they have a awesome range of nice single malts!! the two whiskeys are called 'swing' ( has a rounded base so the bottle rocks back and forth) realy nice! and then another one called 'chocolate block' i have seen both in bottle stores, bit expensive but worth it!!
0 Kudos
sasa
Regular Contributor
Nothing wrong with the classics like a good Jack on the rocks!
0 Kudos
Not applicable
0 Kudos
john_1
Super Contributor
have you guys seen the new magazine out called "whiskey" its a lifestyle and whisky magazine and is available at "tops"
0 Kudos
Not applicable
Glendouwer - 8 year old, a good whiskey that challenges the more expensive brands
0 Kudos
richardw
Super Contributor
JW black is my staple, but I got a great Glenmorangie for my birthday. Really good whiskeys would probably be wasted on me, but I'm willing to give it a go if anybody's got a spare case.
0 Kudos
Wizard
Super Contributor
Chivas 12 does the job....and on special occasions 18
0 Kudos
Not applicable
End of the month: Jameson. Middle of the month: Vat69. Nothing wrong with a bit of Red Heart & Coke though...
0 Kudos
ms_moneybags
Contributor
Definately Johnny Walker .I have been drinking Johnny Green .Very smooth but not as smooth as Johnny Blue .Maybe if I do well on O.S.T.I will be able to migrate to Johnny Blue all the time !!! Keep warm guys .Its chilly out.
0 Kudos
fusion12321
Frequent Contributor
julius malema loves 2 white people - colonel sanders and mr. johnny walker
0 Kudos
the_stig
Occasional Contributor
JW Black for me, Blue is overated, nice, but not worth the 5X premium. I bought a bottle of Ardberg recently - cannot drink it - good whisky but not for my palet - Top Gear top tip - buy a single in a bar before you sepond R500+ on a bottle that tastes like cough medicine...
0 Kudos
wattleido
Occasional Contributor
For the poor students - Black & White
0 Kudos
richardw
Super Contributor
That's a good tip. They should have a bar at Makro.
0 Kudos
Preston
Super Contributor
I also agree. The whisky festival have very limited range.
0 Kudos
CHATTYCHAT
Super Contributor
In the North of Scotland (Inverness) I sat at the bar and requested the barman to suggest his finest... He came up with Jameson. I asked WHY? (duhh) He said the Irish produces the best!
0 Kudos
Rams
Super Contributor
Did you know that whisky or any DOP makes breast milk creamier....
0 Kudos