Visit our COVID-19 site for latest information regarding how we can support you. For up to date information about the pandemic visit www.sacoronavirus.co.za.

bs-regular
bs-extra-light
bs-light
bs-light
bs-cond-light-webfont
bs-medium
bs-bold
bs-black

Community

Share knowledge. Ask questions. Find answers.

Online Share Trading

Engage and learn about markets and trading online

Once again it will be time for the bulls to step up to the plate...

Not applicable
Once again it will be time for the (even bigger mouthed bulls) to step up to the plate and defend some key levels. This time they have impending potential head and shoulders patterns to deal with. Far from confirmed and if they defend successfully all good and well but if they dont our downside targets will be hit long before expected. Do not count on an action replay if we probe below previous lows...this will be the price they pay for ignoring the most basics of technical analysis...
0 Kudos
119 REPLIES 119
Not applicable
I have to admit that downside is looking pretty likely now, my 3 strikes long system is equally effective for shorts, so 3 strikes short is the current action
0 Kudos
Not applicable
no need to adnit that you may be wrong....it not about being right or wrong....we are still some way away from these patterns playing out...you can admit to being an idiot though...(that was a joke)
0 Kudos
Not applicable
have you always been such a condescending ****, or is this a new side of you? When did I ever admit to being right or wrong? I have a system, that has identified downside likelihood, confirmed yesterday. Prior to that, I was pretty neutral as to market direction.
0 Kudos
Not applicable
have you always been so po faced? It was a joke man..lighten up..."you said I have to admit..." and i was making a play on that. If you cannot take a joke just say so and i will cease and desist as far as you are concerned.
0 Kudos
Not applicable
It is the arrogance of your statement that annoys the hell out of me 'no need to admit that you are wrong' - there was no joking about that at all, that was purely you and that over-inflated ego of yours again - anyway, I have said my say - nothing more to contribute to this thread.
0 Kudos
SimonPB
Valued Contributor
oh Mark, you love the conflict .. neh
0 Kudos
Not applicable
I said "may be wrong".....it was said lightheartedly...seriously...chill dude...you gotta learn to take as good as you give...
0 Kudos
Not applicable
Simon....Quam se ipse amans-sine rivale
0 Kudos
Mar-11
Super Contributor
30500 and beyond.....my friend elliote told me so :) easy as abcde
0 Kudos
richardw
Super Contributor
Certainly hope so, looking for a higher place to short from :) I think Greece will be wrapped up for the short term soon and it'll take a little while for Portugal to ramp up the panic, so could well be a bounce. Especially mixed in with a touch of relief after last couple days.
0 Kudos
sponono
Super Contributor
4 things tell you the trend is up: 1 the weak gold stocks, 2 the strong Rand, 3 volatility has slowed down (when last did the Topi have an intraday range of more than say 500 points) 4 there are more stocks hitting 52 week highs than 52 week lows. there might be one or two days of weakness but nobody should expect markets to rally everyday; when the weak days do happen you hear some people boasting about how they went short on a Friday and exited the short at a profit on Monday. the correction will happen but just not yet, so keep your longs, and stay put and watch for signs that the rally might be running out of steam.
0 Kudos
Not applicable
Marc...i can certainly see what you are looking at ...an ABC flat ...however i think that we have completed that count and that we have already completed wave 1 as well as the corrective 2 down...this I see as the smaller degree 2 (corrective) of 3 (which will be invalidated only above 30480)
0 Kudos
Mar-11
Super Contributor
i was mostly refereing to 5 min formation....that banked 110 pts, out 50%
0 Kudos
Mar-11
Super Contributor
corrective wave 2 on 5 min candle abcde triangle, with e ending when i 1st posted....@ 1050this am???
0 Kudos
Mar-11
Super Contributor
currently in wave 3 after triangle , and in small extended wave 5, to possibly 450....then spike corective wave 4???
0 Kudos
Mar-11
Super Contributor
360-340 will be looking for reentry signalto add...on this wave 4
0 Kudos
Not applicable
as i see it 23 jan 520 level was start of expanded flat ABC...30013 end of A wave...640 on 26 jan end of B and 29930 end of C then a wxy up to the 460 level ...start of new impulsive 5 wave down from there to 30100ish (wave 1) we are now in wave to which could extend to about 1.05% to just above previous high (any higher would invalidate count). Wave 3 down must extend way below 29950...
0 Kudos
Mar-11
Super Contributor
sorry i eas looking much short time period... my abcde (corrective wave 2) was from 950 - 1050 this morning.......
0 Kudos
Not applicable
if this is a corrective wave 2 you have to have a 3 wave structure to complete it ...i see a as the move from 120 to 340 a as from 340 to 260 and the termination of C as somewhere aorund where we are now 420 - 450
0 Kudos