Visit our COVID-19 site for latest information regarding how we can support you. For up to date information about the pandemic visit www.sacoronavirus.co.za.

bs-regular
bs-extra-light
bs-light
bs-light
bs-cond-light-webfont
bs-medium
bs-bold
bs-black

Community

Share knowledge. Ask questions. Find answers.

Online Share Trading

Engage and learn about markets and trading online

Once again it will be time for the bulls to step up to the plate...

Rams
Super Contributor
if that happens worry more about your bank balance...you said you are new to trading...dont take overnight positions on the ALSI futures based on 3rd party predictions...becos you be stressed about overnight risk...
0 Kudos
Not applicable
0 Kudos
sponono
Super Contributor
they have nowhere to hide, them and Clive Roffey. Alsitrader write this down: NEVER GO SHORT A COUNTER THAT HAS HIT AN ALL TIME HIGH IT DOES NOT MATTER WHAT THE WAVES ARE SAYING, what is high goes even higher just as the waves say go short. I learned that lesson in 2010 after going short CFR at 29, what did it do it rallied to R40, 33% higher. OOPS another 52 weeks high on the AlSI.
0 Kudos
Not applicable
classic short on e wave overthrow of terminating diagonal.
0 Kudos
Not applicable
Sponono calm down to a panic...no all time high hit on alsi yet (far far from it) no matter how loudly you say it....
0 Kudos
sponono
Super Contributor
52 weeks high, 52 weeks high, 52 weeks high, 52 weeks high, 52 weeks high get it: 26 jan 2012 high 30632, todays high 30656. 30656 is higher than 30632. by the way your desperate short is out of the money alreay. save yourself and cover it
0 Kudos
richardw
Super Contributor
0 Kudos
Not applicable
No im afraid youve got it all wrong...few more added at 700...
0 Kudos
Electrox
Super Contributor
Keep adding..and dont forget to hold overnight...
0 Kudos
sponono
Super Contributor
100 points down or R1000 per contract. Ouch!!!
0 Kudos
Not applicable
i wont...lets chat in the morning....
0 Kudos
sponono
Super Contributor
no need to adnit that you may be wrong....it not about being right or wrong....we are still some way away from these patterns playing out...you can admit to being an idiot though...(that was not a joke)
0 Kudos
Not applicable
cheers all ...looking forward to a restful evening and the beartrap carnage in the morning...
0 Kudos
Rams
Super Contributor
well Mark, Charty, CPS or whoever the F*** you are, you screwed up today...even wimschutz(new trader worried about overnight DOW action and his 2000 pointer stop loss) is begining to doubt your target for today...come on you dont add to your position when the market is going against you-the market moved about 500 points away from your target for the day...be responsible...you now have some new traders following you so teach them some golden rules. I know you could reach your targets tomorrow but today you traded badly!And i personally dont care about tommorrow until tomorrow...
0 Kudos
Not applicable
only trade done was at 30610 and 30700. I would reserve my judgement if i were you.
0 Kudos
Not applicable
Lets escape the stench of the sewerage which is seeping again and get back to what we were discussing...Since the invalidation levels discussed were broken the most probable count is now to consider the move from 30650 to 29950 and back up tp 30730 as an expended flat where the B wave typically extends 127% of the length of the A wave. Since it is almost impossible to subdevide the A and B waves into anything but a 3 wave (smaller abc) count an expanded flat seems most likely. Flats are always 335 structures. If however the 127% extention level is exceeded significantly the start of a new impulsive 5 waves up will be confirmed as being under way. Any move below 30480 would invalidate this possibility (of the new 5 wave structure) as the wave 4 cannot extend into wave 1.
0 Kudos
DEP
Super Contributor
Thanks Alsitrader - for your guts... we need you input here in the forum! It come alive again. Hmmm let see what happens to trade today - Alsi top 30730 last night. Can we extend that? Currently short at 30692
0 Kudos
Not applicable
stopped on first and 50 pts profit take on second...merely an opportunity for better entry..
0 Kudos
Mar-11
Super Contributor
100 pts on 1 st target......130 odd and counting on rest....
0 Kudos
Not applicable
Bollingers on hourly exceeded 800 a good short opp even just for scalp..
0 Kudos