Visit our COVID-19 site for latest information regarding how we can support you. For up to date information about the pandemic visit www.sacoronavirus.co.za.

bs-regular
bs-extra-light
bs-light
bs-light
bs-cond-light-webfont
bs-medium
bs-bold
bs-black

Community

Share knowledge. Ask questions. Find answers.

Online Share Trading

Engage and learn about markets and trading online

One of my new found favourites

Not applicable
My personal investment strategy is to invest in stocks that are not solely reliant on the South African economy for growth, and Steinhoff is proving to be a real winner. More than 50% of their revenue comes from off-shore, and their biggest problem is exchange rate risk, but despite this, they still kept their EBITDA's in tact. Quality company - and in light of expected rand strength in the short to medium term, excellent buying opportunities will start to arise, IMO, especially since SHF will likely track the index quite strongly from now on, given its TOPI inclusion
0 Kudos
5 REPLIES 5
Not applicable
Skaap, I like your thinking. I am not reall a fundamental investor per say as I like the adrenaline/challenge of trading, but I am slowly building up my longer portfolio as i have been for a while. I will look into this one and add it to the watch list. i usually analise for about 2 months to figure out the trading patterns (yes historical also helps but not always useful IMO). This way I get a feel for a stock and take into account the surrounding data and markets related to it. Now I have to test and see what my investor book will look at. If I remember I will get back tp this in 2 months time. ;-)
0 Kudos
Blik
Super Contributor
and they sponsor a fine rugby competition to boot (pun not intended).
0 Kudos
Not applicable
was at maties, Ikeys last night !! was amazing !! one of the best competitions in SA
0 Kudos
Blik
Super Contributor
Ikeys must be ruing those missed shots at goal...still a great game. Watched it on the box last night.
0 Kudos
cope
Frequent Contributor
what do u think skaaptjop. i see u like this one. is it time to get in.
0 Kudos