Visit our COVID-19 site for latest information regarding how we can support you. For up to date information about the pandemic visit www.sacoronavirus.co.za.

bs-regular
bs-extra-light
bs-light
bs-light
bs-cond-light-webfont
bs-medium
bs-bold
bs-black

Community

Share knowledge. Ask questions. Find answers.

Online Share Trading

Engage and learn about markets and trading online

Only one way

phd
Contributor
Seems like there's only one way for this company from here. I don't see anything positive in the fundamentals - do you?
0 Kudos
23 REPLIES 23
WES
Super Contributor
The question is - can you trust management ? If your answer is NO, then don't invest, if your answer is YES, then invest.
0 Kudos
WES
Super Contributor
Management in a company is crucial, it is what gives the company direction, its what generates the profit, its what makes the share price go up, for example do you trust Stephan Saad from Aspen or Brain Joffe from Bidvest... of course you do ! Do you trust the guys from Pinnacle ?
0 Kudos
phd
Contributor
Yup, that's the most fundamental fundamental, and this bunch gets a big fat NO!
0 Kudos
Not applicable
I like that...its a good question.
On the other hand though if you knew what I knew about most of the directors on the board and things theyve done you wouldnt invest in a company ever again :P

Just saying the best performers on our market....they didnt get there through "fair" business practise.
0 Kudos
Preston
Super Contributor
I disagree.
0 Kudos
Vish_1
Contributor
Its a pity.. I was doing quite well with PNC. Got in at R3.50 and held for 6 years. Was looking long term with this one. Well...you live, you learn. Thank God for stop losses...
0 Kudos
WES
Super Contributor
Stop losses are golden.
0 Kudos
Vish_1
Contributor
Furthermore...my concern is how much their future business is gonna be affected by this allegation of a bribe. If true they may struggle with future government contracts or some of their suppliers may not renew the exclusive distribution agreements. If proved false then it might be a helluva ride back up. Or their reputation could be in tatters and we will not be able to stop the rot. In any case I think I'll wait for June financials and any positive news in respect to the allegations before getting back in.
0 Kudos
Vish_1
Contributor
Furthermore...my concern is how much their future business is gonna be affected by this allegation of a bribe. If true they may struggle with future government contracts or some of their suppliers may not renew the exclusive distribution agreements. If proved false then it might be a helluva ride back up. Or their reputation could be in tatters and we will not be able to stop the rot. In any case I think I'll wait for June financials and any positive news in respect to the allegations before getting back in.
0 Kudos
mariedp
New Contributor
What about the appointment of Mr Ferreira?
0 Kudos
Preston
Super Contributor
It seem that the govt is selling off their shares and it is being bought by private other retailer/fund managers.
0 Kudos
Preston
Super Contributor
It seem that the govt is selling off their shares and it is being bought by private ,other retailer/fund managers.
0 Kudos
Bigfish
Occasional Contributor
This criminal case is going to drag on for years to come. Take it from a lawyer. In the words of Warren Buffet:"It takes 20 years to build a reputation and five minutes to ruin it. If you think about that, you'll do things differently". And if one considers that a director sold R28.6 million shares before the SENS went out about the bribery arrest is a death blow. It's no wonder that the share price plummeted! The pubic have given a vote of no-confidence and rightly so. It will take a long time for the company to recover from this debacle, if ever...
0 Kudos
phd
Contributor
In other words, government have already made up their minds with respect to future contracts.
0 Kudos
Not applicable
Going down at this rate we are going to see R10 very soon
0 Kudos
Preston
Super Contributor
Business Model is still strong.
0 Kudos
SimonPB
Valued Contributor
preston you talk nonsense .. on what grounds do you state the government is selling their shares ??
0 Kudos
Preston
Super Contributor
@simon,one of the guest on stock watch mentioned this.
0 Kudos
kwagga
Super Contributor
Waste of time looking @ this share right now.
0 Kudos