Visit our COVID-19 site for latest information regarding how we can support you. For up to date information about the pandemic visit www.sacoronavirus.co.za.

bs-regular
bs-extra-light
bs-light
bs-light
bs-cond-light-webfont
bs-medium
bs-bold
bs-black

Community

Share knowledge. Ask questions. Find answers.

Online Share Trading

Engage and learn about markets and trading online

Open Election on Sacoil NPL

Flyguy
Frequent Contributor
Hi can anyone please explain to me what this means? the shares are being sold for 0.01c, why should we pay 0.27c? Should i ignore this open election as it expires 20 jan?
0 Kudos
1 REPLY 1
Not applicable
they are not shares - but a right to buy shares at the issue price of 27c. That right is tradeable - and can be sold for 1c (if there are buyers, which I doubt). The real question is would you take up the rights offer? My 2c worth - you have a company here that is trying to raise more than twice its market cap in a rights issue. you will have to pay in twice what your current holding is worth, just to keep the same level of exposure. If you don't, your shareholding will be worth less than one third of what it is currently worth. So if you are not going to take up the rights offer, then you should sell now. Again, my personal 2c worth - you have been given a get out of jail free card here - with some eternal optimists still willing to take these things off your hands at the 20c - 26c mark - you should take that offer while you still can
0 Kudos