Visit our COVID-19 site for latest information regarding how we can support you. For up to date information about the pandemic visit www.sacoronavirus.co.za.

bs-regular
bs-extra-light
bs-light
bs-light
bs-cond-light-webfont
bs-medium
bs-bold
bs-black

Community

Share knowledge. Ask questions. Find answers.

Online Share Trading

Engage and learn about markets and trading online

Open short letter to Simon...

Not applicable
Simon, always though of you as a no bull kinda guy. You also come across as someone who does have some kind of buy in to the collective good. I hold you in high regard. When it comes to the price streamer you seem top have a split personality... I can only imagine that you are kept on a very short corporate leash. Its harming brand Simon Brown...there may be life after SFM....
0 Kudos
59 REPLIES 59
Maggie
Super Contributor
LOL....Chartist.... have you ever worked for a big corporate..sorting out problems isn't easy..I think Simon does the best that HE can do...nothing in life is perfect!!!!!!
0 Kudos
Not applicable
poor Simon..."its a process not an event"....you take the big corporate security and perks and you pay the price....
0 Kudos
Not applicable
Maggie the least a big corporate can do is reply to a letter you send them...I wrote a letter a while ago regarding the price streamer...very civil and all business like so they would understand it but they didnt even have the decency to reply....the letter was actually intended to help them more than it did me....
0 Kudos
Not applicable
Maggie now you really got me going....what you say is utter *****....there is no room on a trading platform for incorrect prices...period......continually supplying incorrect prices is totally disrespectful of your customers and shows a total total lack of understanding of the needs of your customers.....pooh pooh around the issue with bank speak like Simon has is totally unacceptable....not only;y are people paying for things they are not getting...its costing them money when they trade based in the incorrect information this product provides....
0 Kudos
john_1
Super Contributor
talk with your feet, simply stop using it.
0 Kudos
Cherry
Regular Contributor
Chartist, I agree with you wholeheartedly, a response is common courtesy and should be part of the SLA. Corporates usually have SLA's and the size of the Corporate is irrelevant to response times.
0 Kudos
Brazen
Super Contributor
John's right when he says stop using it, but there is no way SFM can sell themselves as an online TRADING platform without reliable live streaming prices.
0 Kudos
john_1
Super Contributor
I totally agree with you Brazen, but unless you hurt the pocket nothing will get done.
0 Kudos
john_1
Super Contributor
The basic problem starts with the Name ONLINE TRADING..this is not a trading site .. not in a million years.
0 Kudos
AJDK
Frequent Contributor
With all due respect John, it reads Online Share Trading. Nobody said its a trading site for day trading. For people who wants a bit more than just a quote on a stock, it should be fine. What do you expect for R100p/m?
0 Kudos
john_1
Super Contributor
agreed, then call it stock quote!!!!
0 Kudos
john_1
Super Contributor
And no matter what time frame you use, The correct info has to be live as this is the only price that matters. you can't trade off the last traded price or a delayed price.
0 Kudos
john_1
Super Contributor
TRADING implies short term.. else it would be called ONLINE SHARE INVESTING.
0 Kudos
Preston
Super Contributor
Disagree....R100 X 300 000 investor will give you a material amount.
0 Kudos
Preston
Super Contributor
Disagree....R100 X 300 000 investors will give you a material amount.
0 Kudos
AJDK
Frequent Contributor
What about other platforms? Anybody tried PSG for example? After three trades a month they wave the monthly fee. Sounds like a better deal to me?
0 Kudos
Not applicable
PSG have no stoplosses on their CFDs. The consultant over the phone told me that "in the current volatile market, a stop-loss can hurt you". Yes, in a car crash, a safetly belt can also hurt you.
0 Kudos
Not applicable
thats why they are a consultant on the phone....earning Macdonalds wages
0 Kudos
CHATTYCHAT
Super Contributor
Monthly Account Maintenance Fee Your first calendar month is free. For 3 or more trades in a calendar month no account maintenance fee is payable. For 2 or less trades per month the account maintenance fee is R47.50 (excl. VAT) per month which covers the cost of access to the site, limited live prices and safe custody fees for your shares.
0 Kudos