Visit our COVID-19 site for latest information regarding how we can support you. For up to date information about the pandemic visit www.sacoronavirus.co.za.

bs-regular
bs-extra-light
bs-light
bs-light
bs-cond-light-webfont
bs-medium
bs-bold
bs-black

Community

Share knowledge. Ask questions. Find answers.

Online Share Trading

Engage and learn about markets and trading online

Open short letter to Simon...

Not applicable
Don't stare yourself blind against monthly costs. It's costs per trade that drains you out.
0 Kudos
Blik
Super Contributor
Potentially silly point this (of mine) - but surely if there was a better site for trading (and investing) we would be using it? If this is the best there is - then Chartist does have a valid point, as we are paying for a service (with minimal options available) advertised and not getting what you pay for. It can only be in SFMs interest to provide better and better and better service.
0 Kudos
kr_pto
Super Contributor
If I may add my 2 cents...
The underlying problem here is that (to my knowledge) the streamer is not OST's or Standard Bank's product, but an independent supplier (http://www.stockcentral.co.za/). So SB themselves are no doubt screaming at the supplier who is seemingly unable to fix the problem (or in turn has their own data supplier with problems). SB in turn are probably unable to replace the system (either through alternate 3rd party or internally), so they are left getting blue in the face dealing with their supplier and red in the face dealing with OST's own clients. I think they should distance themselves from the supplier and leave the relationship to be one directly between the end users and the supplier; being in the middle and representing themselves (SB) as being the "supplier" leaves them with constant egg on the face and provides little value add to the process of interaction between the end user and the person(s) able to resolve the problems. Price Streamer is a reasonable product but with very poor reliability. OST is a good product and mostly reliable, but is tainted by the poor form of PS which seemingly has nothing to do with OST.
0 Kudos
kwagga
Super Contributor
Chartist - Maybe you need a more hardcore tool - http://www.inet.co.za/home/products/index.asp. There is plenty of alternatives, but some come at a cost. You won't know unless you do some research though. Hell, for just a few grand a month you could even go the Reuters\Bloomberg desktop route.
0 Kudos
Not applicable
Hell, why would Chartist do that? It would spoil his day if he couldn't bore us with his whining. And besides, it's quite obvious that his tedious tirades against Simon and SBK are so much more than just his dissatisfaction with the PS. Never mind, Chartist, with a little personality adjustment maybe a big corporate would want to employ you, too. No, make that a big, no, make that a huge, personality adjustment.
0 Kudos
Not applicable
sharenet's graph appears to have come to a sudden halt prior to close today.
0 Kudos
Not applicable
sharenet's graph appears to have come to a sudden halt prior to close today.
0 Kudos
Not applicable
Jezebel...actually I thought I was paying Simon a huge compliment but hell maybe my personality disorder has taken care of the last bit of reality testing I have left....by the way would you make fun of the handicapped? the mentally challenged also have feelings you know....
0 Kudos
sk_1
Super Contributor
Simon, your silence is deafening, or is this all below your dignity?
0 Kudos
macG
Contributor
The bottom line is that Price streamer is a poor product which we as OST clients rely on, some clients invest hundreds of thousands of rands and make their decision on what this poor platform provides, and even worse than that is that there is no reply or update of if indeed standard bank are trying to reslove this issue, this poor poor comunication does not look good at all
0 Kudos
Not applicable
Sometimes silence makes problems go away - then again, sometimes they blow up in your face
0 Kudos
Not applicable
Come on guys. Surely no one uses Price Streamer to actually make decisions!? Do they??? It appears that PS was a half-hearted attempt to provide an additional gadget. But it's got the feel of an afterthought. Added on willy-nilly. Mebbe it was just a 'me too' feature that wasn't properly investigated - I doubt it should be taken seriously.
Granted, I pay my monthly fee and I stopped using PS about a month after it came out. But I just couldn't be bothered stopping it. I prolly make up for it on quote fees . . .
0 Kudos
Preston
Super Contributor
Let there be love shared among us, Let there be love in our eyes, May now Your love sweep this nation, Cause us O Lord to arise. Give us a fresh understanding Of brotherly love that is real, Let there be love shared among us, Let there be love.
0 Kudos
sk_1
Super Contributor
Simon has left the country because you bully him too much!
0 Kudos
Preston
Super Contributor
Let there be love shared among us, Let there be love in our eyes, May now Your love sweep this nation, Cause us O Lord to arise. Give us a fresh understanding Of brotherly love that is real, Let there be love shared among us, Let there be love.
0 Kudos
Not applicable
Did you have a big bowl of hippie for breakfast?
0 Kudos
Preston
Super Contributor
one more time ..Chorus "Let there be love shared among us, Let there be love in our eyes, May now Your love sweep this nation, Cause us O Lord to arise. Give us a fresh understanding Of brotherly love that is real, Let there be love shared among us, Let there be love."
0 Kudos
Project_Directo
Super Contributor
Hey Presto, share code BIL is ticking along ok,lol
0 Kudos
Preston
Super Contributor
0 Kudos
macG
Contributor
preston what the hell are you going on about with your little nusery rhymes, some people are trying to make a point and trying to be heard by standard bank, (if indeed someone is out there to listen). the point is that as std bank clients we are mostly unhappy with the service of price streamer and if they want u to invest more with them, or either increase there client base, then surely something needs to be done to upgrade the quality of their "live prices product". We as clients should stick together so that we could be heard, too many times in this country our voice does not get heard because no one is willing to stick together, to make a point...
0 Kudos