Visit our COVID-19 site for latest information regarding how we can support you. For up to date information about the pandemic visit www.sacoronavirus.co.za.

bs-regular
bs-extra-light
bs-light
bs-light
bs-cond-light-webfont
bs-medium
bs-bold
bs-black

Community

Share knowledge. Ask questions. Find answers.

Online Share Trading

Engage and learn about markets and trading online

Opinion on SAB

sk_1
Super Contributor
Has anyone got an inteligent opinion on SAB. I'm long on this share and starting to lose some money.
0 Kudos
10 REPLIES 10
DST
Super Contributor
A vast quantum of equity in the balance sheet post Miller and Colombian deals. Profits too sluggish to warrant all, hence ROE only around 13%. Will get there in the end because they have good operating skills, but I can't see strong upmoves anytime soon. The price of their ambition to be huge, I fear.
0 Kudos
Not applicable
Yeah, SAB doesn't excite me at the moment - If you can drink it, don't trade it... OMO
0 Kudos
AJDK
Frequent Contributor
If you think of it in a logical way, price should go south. It is starting to get winter, less people drinking beer, more people switching accross to something that can keep you warm like OBS etc. 8-P
0 Kudos
SimonPB
Valued Contributor
well winter here but summer for the northerners, where do they sell more beer?
0 Kudos
DST
Super Contributor
Except summer coming in north (Millers, E Europe, China).
0 Kudos
AJDK
Frequent Contributor
Yeah then again weve got these small cans and bottles, they have got pints and hugh jugs to drink out of! Nice...
0 Kudos
sk_1
Super Contributor
0 Kudos
Russ
Super Contributor
0 Kudos
Russ
Super Contributor
More seriously,I think sab is a good buy around 166.50. The next move should take it to 185+.
0 Kudos
pottie9
Look at down grading www.citigroup.com The price should fall further
0 Kudos