Visit our COVID-19 site for latest information regarding how we can support you. For up to date information about the pandemic visit www.sacoronavirus.co.za.

bs-regular
bs-extra-light
bs-light
bs-light
bs-cond-light-webfont
bs-medium
bs-bold
bs-black

Community

Share knowledge. Ask questions. Find answers.

Online Share Trading

Engage and learn about markets and trading online

Opinions

Not applicable
It is fascinating how opinions vary from commentators. Did they not attend similar asset management schools or do all commentators speak in favor of their portfolios. But then again DONT WE ALL
0 Kudos
17 REPLIES 17
SimonPB
Valued Contributor
it coz opinions are about the future and the truth is nobody knows ..
0 Kudos
klapka
Super Contributor
I recommend to anybody who listens to all the useless noise to read "The Black Swan."
0 Kudos
THRESHOLD
Super Contributor
When you are getting paid to express an opinion - best you express an opinion. It's not as if we are being paid to listen...
0 Kudos
SimonPB
Valued Contributor
nah Black Swan a waste of trees .. read his first book, Fooled by Randomness ..
0 Kudos
klapka
Super Contributor
I recommend both books, especially for those who spend too much time being influenced by men in dark suits and ties.
0 Kudos
Preston
Super Contributor
Simon, please send me the link for the free download.
0 Kudos
SimonPB
Valued Contributor
0 Kudos
WES
Super Contributor
Yeah its funny, the other day I heard one commentator thinking ASPEN was HOT HOT HOT !! and the other wanted to sell at all cost....ha ha ha
0 Kudos
Preston
Super Contributor
Eish , old news.
0 Kudos
SimonPB
Valued Contributor
0 Kudos
Preston
Super Contributor
I do not trade the mining sector. Next link please.
0 Kudos
SimonPB
Valued Contributor
0 Kudos
Preston
Super Contributor
Simon, on a serious note, everytime i shorten a share , i end up burning away cash. I have learn't how to "pair trade" and in this case i did end up slightly in the green. Any good books that i can read on shortening shares (esp SSF). I do not have a problem going long of SSF, but i have a miserable strike rate on SELL SSF.
0 Kudos
SimonPB
Valued Contributor
simplest is only short when big picture is down, and easiest way for that is when 200 day MA is pointing down or when price below ..
0 Kudos
Rams
Super Contributor
and thats why we have a market
0 Kudos
partridge
Super Contributor
Has anybody read John Kay( Investment for reasonably intelligent people..)? Dreamy spires and hard thinking -best of all worlds?
0 Kudos
Fredsed
Super Contributor
No money to be made unless it is made available. Being paid for performing is a professional vocation. Biassed guesswork presented as certain fact can bring a fancy pay rise if it sounds convincing enough. Promote the long against the odds and don't let anyone know you have gone short (and vice versa). Success as a con artist is a much sought after dream. All you need to deliver is the delivery.
0 Kudos