Visit our COVID-19 site for latest information regarding how we can support you. For up to date information about the pandemic visit www.sacoronavirus.co.za.

bs-regular
bs-extra-light
bs-light
bs-light
bs-cond-light-webfont
bs-medium
bs-bold
bs-black

Community

Share knowledge. Ask questions. Find answers.

Online Share Trading

Engage and learn about markets and trading online

Options - Put spread stucture

manicks
Regular Contributor
I would apprec if someone could advise me which is a good broker to use for options inorder to do a put spread structure similiar to the one done by Garth Mck on traders corners this week. Options are not offered by SBK, who can i use??
0 Kudos
12 REPLIES 12
Rams
Super Contributor
go to Garths course, its only about R2490 i think
0 Kudos
Sentiment
Contributor
0 Kudos
Pepi
Regular Contributor
Garth says he does it through Nedbank
0 Kudos
manicks
Regular Contributor
Can we use warrants that SBK provides, would it be similar to what he uses and give similar effect
0 Kudos
manicks
Regular Contributor
Can we use warrants that SBK provides, would it be similar to what he uses and give similar effect
0 Kudos
Rams
Super Contributor
0 Kudos
manicks
Regular Contributor
Put spread structure with cfds/futures?
0 Kudos
Rams
Super Contributor
no not a put spread structure, its just a hedge, you can use any instrument
0 Kudos
manicks
Regular Contributor
Thanks rams but im aiming specifically for a put spread structure so I can have upside risk but still make money on the downside
0 Kudos
manicks
Regular Contributor
meant to "reduce" upside risk but still make money on the downside if the market drops
0 Kudos
Rams
Super Contributor
ok,understand now, saw the program last night, not a simple short, though he would have to do a short if the market slips below 28000 to 26000. I see his 29500 is as spononos support level on TOPI and we just 36 points away from it now!
0 Kudos
Rams
Super Contributor
0 Kudos