Visit our COVID-19 site for latest information regarding how we can support you. For up to date information about the pandemic visit www.sacoronavirus.co.za.

bs-regular
bs-extra-light
bs-light
bs-light
bs-cond-light-webfont
bs-medium
bs-bold
bs-black

Community

Share knowledge. Ask questions. Find answers.

Online Share Trading

Engage and learn about markets and trading online

Options Trading

manicks
Regular Contributor
Hi guys- can someone please recommend a good online broker for trading options- JUN11ALSI ? Im not sure whether OST does options?
0 Kudos
10 REPLIES 10
Not applicable
I am dumfounded
0 Kudos
Terra
Super Contributor
I'm guessing that you've watched Traders Corner last night...Contact Garth Mc Kenzie...
0 Kudos
Not applicable
Yes OST does options. If you know what warrants and share installments are, then you know options. Just apply for a warrants trading account, it has no extra costs on your account's management fee... Warrants are very risky and have a loss in value as expiry nearers even though they are cheap to trade. Do not be too excited unless you have a good plan with trading them. You can make a lot of cash by just trading warrants if you have time to seat in front of your computer for a long time.
0 Kudos
Galuc
Super Contributor
Oi u lucky some of the old school are not here, LMAO!
0 Kudos
sponono
Super Contributor
its strange because he is long BIL but then he puts up a complex structure to take advantage of a correction in the ALSI. must be hedging his long BIL position. now have two problems.
0 Kudos
manicks
Regular Contributor
Yes it is abit contradicting- but he has placed stoploss at 26900 which has already triggered- now he's doing a put spread option structure (Using both a long put coption and a short put option) which will limits loss to the upside but amplifies profits to the downside to arnd 26000 on the ASLI index since the view on the market is bearish.
0 Kudos
Not applicable
Yes,most of the old school already lost their money with option trading.
0 Kudos
prancing_horse
Super Contributor
Wrong, old school too clever to loose money on options, just don't have the energy, and couldn't be bothered with people who want to sprint before they can crawl, let alone walk
0 Kudos
Rams
Super Contributor
So has old school found a new school,or have they been taken out by Mr. Market.
0 Kudos
Ben_ladin
Contributor
Do research yourself and learn the market . online brokers can make you lose big time , then its to late , because all the tell you is "sory i admit i was wrong" i have been through it and took n nock of R75 000 . They get their monthly subscibtion money and lough all the way to the bank . A good broker woun't reveal his way how to make lots of money .
0 Kudos