Visit our COVID-19 site for latest information regarding how we can support you. For up to date information about the pandemic visit www.sacoronavirus.co.za.

bs-regular
bs-extra-light
bs-light
bs-light
bs-cond-light-webfont
bs-medium
bs-bold
bs-black

Community

Share knowledge. Ask questions. Find answers.

Online Share Trading

Engage and learn about markets and trading online

Orbiter stock picker 2008

MichaelR
Regular Contributor
How is the list looking at the moment and where can we view it?
0 Kudos
10 REPLIES 10
Blik
Super Contributor
Its not looking great - but is relative to when you bought your shares though. http://www.orbiterinvestments.com/stockpicker/
0 Kudos
Shaun_Siddall
Super Contributor
Did we not all buy the shares at the same time for a 12 month investment period?
0 Kudos
stores
Super Contributor
Note that holding cash in the OST account would be possitioned 2nd best out of 59 portfolios??
0 Kudos
barry_1
Super Contributor
i chose shares that i normally would not touch with a barge pole,as they are fast running in the right circumstances,how ever in the present climate the plan back-fired on me and i'm deservedly in last place.
0 Kudos
divz
Super Contributor
Well done! Asylum looking good only 3 mnths to go?
0 Kudos
Blik
Super Contributor
I thought you could "only" choose shares that you currently held. I am fast heading to the bottom Barry. Thankfully I only hold very small positions my selection.
0 Kudos
asylum
Super Contributor
ja was up 40+ % at one stage but seems to me that most shares have gone down proportionatly especially the top 40.
0 Kudos
barry_1
Super Contributor
was my original idea,but quickly abondoned it,when i saw what junk i'de choosen!
0 Kudos
KVW
Super Contributor
Just remember that at the end of it we'll have an indication of how the market performed over 12 months, which this year is going to be a shocker, the only way you can make money these days is to go short. Most of you guys would have sold out earlier in the year. Mar/Apr. Think the next few weeks there's a good time to be short.
0 Kudos
Not applicable
An interesting exercise, and of course we should at least beat Satrix 40 or be in it!
0 Kudos