Visit our COVID-19 site for latest information regarding how we can support you. For up to date information about the pandemic visit www.sacoronavirus.co.za.

bs-regular
bs-extra-light
bs-light
bs-light
bs-cond-light-webfont
bs-medium
bs-bold
bs-black

Community

Share knowledge. Ask questions. Find answers.

Online Share Trading

Engage and learn about markets and trading online

Ouch MRF

Not applicable
Mrf down 10% this morning! Whats goin on, is this a steal at this price? Or is there more down side?
0 Kudos
9 REPLIES 9
platsak
Super Contributor
Got me bunch at 121. Will try to average down.Who knows anymore Matt. Next stops 110 and then 77.
0 Kudos
Not applicable
this is amazing - i am watching the resources stocks on the LSE and they have turned strongly into the green , don't know if that is going to last but BHP +3.4% and Anglo is +1.5% . The LSE mining index is UP 3% !. This is good.
0 Kudos
barry_1
Super Contributor
Platsak ,why don't u trade HAR and GFI call warrants,u would make everything u lost back in a jiffy this morning? Why bother with MRF,remember i said there is a fall off in the demand for their products....They will come back in time....might take a couple of years...who knows?
0 Kudos
barry_1
Super Contributor
Read my last couple of entries in archives ,u will see that the weakening rand will help us avoid the worst fall out.
0 Kudos
platsak
Super Contributor
Thanks Barry.Will check it out.
0 Kudos
Mr_S
Super Contributor
up - do you think that will reverse our current down trend in resources today?
0 Kudos
Not applicable
ya , this dam Bloomberg TV is always talking down the recourses counters and punting banking stocks. I think Bloomberg presents a skewed picture of economics in general.
0 Kudos
Not applicable
I also want to average down! But dont know if its a wise choice, these times are scary! What do guys think, should i average down, or just wait longer!
0 Kudos
Not applicable
That's hard to tell now Mr S. I would say the best indication of when to buy in is to keep an eye out for a clear reversal in the trend of that particular stocks price movement, and also more important to keep an eye on the sector that the stock belongs to. After things settle in the United States there may be some positive upward movement in our recourses.
0 Kudos