Visit our COVID-19 site for latest information regarding how we can support you. For up to date information about the pandemic visit www.sacoronavirus.co.za.

bs-regular
bs-extra-light
bs-light
bs-light
bs-cond-light-webfont
bs-medium
bs-bold
bs-black

Community

Share knowledge. Ask questions. Find answers.

Online Share Trading

Engage and learn about markets and trading online

Ouch !!!!

Frequent Contributor
Taking a beating today????
0 Kudos
6 REPLIES 6
springbokfan
Occasional Contributor
Not sure if I'm just being DOF but this company seems to be doing the right things and producing ever better production so it's probably worth hanging in there for a while (he says looking to the heavens for some sign). Last week was ouch but already coming back nicely!!
0 Kudos
SimonPB
Valued Contributor
I thort they were bust and selling the crown jewels after hedging production at prices way below current spot ?? check the MTX forum here ..
0 Kudos
springbokfan
Occasional Contributor
To some extent they seem to have taken drastic/dramatic steps to avoid the whole house falling in and have managed to reduce debt to manageable levels and the bulk of their production is not hedged. There was a sens a while ago that they had managed to restructure some of their hedging positions favourably. Yes, it's a shadow of its former self but at least it's a shadow and not a crater!
0 Kudos
BAP
Regular Contributor
I have given up on this share! Twice I bought on the uptrend - only to be stopped out a few days later, just to watch it recover again to what level ???(like today). Can the MTX fundi's please share the secret with me - I promise not to tell!
0 Kudos
SimonPB
Valued Contributor
surely the secret is to move onto a less volatile more liquid lower risk share ?? which all-in-all will most likely give better odds of a profit ..
0 Kudos
messager
Contributor
Simon was wrong about gold recently. Now he is wrong about Metorex. This share has gone up from R1.21 on 9th March 2009 to current R4.85. Standard Bank is an excellent business but did they sell the "Crown Jewels" when they sold a chunk of the business to the Chinese....No! Metorex will be successful in their restructuring, even the Standard Bank recently again upgraded them to a "BUY".
0 Kudos