Visit our COVID-19 site for latest information regarding how we can support you. For up to date information about the pandemic visit www.sacoronavirus.co.za.

bs-regular
bs-extra-light
bs-light
bs-light
bs-cond-light-webfont
bs-medium
bs-bold
bs-black

Community

Share knowledge. Ask questions. Find answers.

Online Share Trading

Engage and learn about markets and trading online

Our Beloved Boks - Friday Stress Release

Not applicable
Greetings All You Jedi Knights. Informnation via the beach shell is that our beloved SARU or what ever they call themselves - politic puppets) have decide to prohibit any rugby player who plays plays abroad from playing for the Boks after the World Cup. Oregon have you and you Banjo Boys (Presidents Council) gone MAD. I have a number of concerns. 1. Is this decision Constitutional? 2. We will change our opposition competitiveness portfolio from the All Blacks, and Australia to the likes of Scotland, Italy, Simoa, Fuji, Ivory Coast, Namibia and Zimbabwe. 3. What is the position with regards to our Soccer Players (bearing in mind that we are ranked a credible 68 in the world) - are these soccer players all locally based players????????? I sense a little bit of inconsistency here (just like a New Zealand Rugby Ref) or is it different strokes (please Simon do not ban this comment) for different folks. 4. If the Kangaroo Boys down under complained about under strength team representation last month, they really will moan after the World Cup. Please Jake and the Boks - SA have the best opportunity of winning the Rugby World Cup for the next 70 years. Give it your best. SA Rugby may you RIP
0 Kudos
9 REPLIES 9
Not applicable
It is unbelievable,but unfortunately will not get any better with political meddling.I couldnt agree more with your opinion about soccer players.But,the team is wholly representative so why should Govt meddle.The fact that we are useless is of little concern.................Get used to it.
0 Kudos
CE
Super Contributor
Question is, who will fill the rugby stadiums ? No me bra !
0 Kudos
Not applicable
0 Kudos
Not applicable
You the Man/Woman Dumbtrader - that is the problem with us South Africans - we just accept mediocreness. A mediocre cricket team (lets be honest - how many of us really believed we had a chance of winning the World Cupo Cricket)- here is a prophetic quess - SA will not make the semi's of the 20/20 World Finals despite home soil. I'm with you CE I ain't going to pay my hard earned money to watch a second or third rate farce, a Test match is "our best against, their best."
0 Kudos
hobo
Contributor
Soccer players play abroad, cricket players play abroad. Why pick on rugby? Why do they always bring political meddling in just at the build-up to a major tournament? THE SPORTS ADMINISTRATORS MAKE ME SICK!!!!
0 Kudos
Not applicable
Because they dont want us to win,imagine the "embarrasement"with a non representative team.
0 Kudos
hobo
Contributor
But it is not a un-representitive team. There are some great players of colour and they fully deserve to wear the green & gold. They are there on merit and thats the way it must be. If the best 15 players happen to be black, green or pink it matters not to me. If they are the best we have, I'm 100% behind my team. They are all boks - irrespective of colour. Unfortunately the sports administrators and government ministers are rasists and it DOES matter to them. To them, Race is more important than winning. Very sad indeed...
0 Kudos
surfer
Regular Contributor
my question is why are there no quotas for whites in the soccer or does soccer not count
0 Kudos
Not applicable
The beauty of the situation as that rugby fans can be very fickle... take a look at Beast in the sharks team... He's black, he's good and he plays his heart out for the team and for that the crowd loves him and cheers more when he get the ball than any other player... but if he were a player there not because of merit and drops a fewup and unders the crowd will voice there opinions no matter the colour...leave the national team to the coach and focus on bringing the talent through the ranks and all problems will be solved.
0 Kudos