Visit our COVID-19 site for latest information regarding how we can support you. For up to date information about the pandemic visit www.sacoronavirus.co.za.

bs-regular
bs-extra-light
bs-light
bs-light
bs-cond-light-webfont
bs-medium
bs-bold
bs-black

Community

Share knowledge. Ask questions. Find answers.

Online Share Trading

Engage and learn about markets and trading online

Our comments

Not applicable
Why have our comments been deleted. We had great discussions here yesterday. Anyway, in which direction do you guys see the VOD market moving after the announcement of the results today? No dividend, but understandable considering the times - and in fact they said they gave out a dividend in April- then I was not a shareholder.
0 Kudos
7 REPLIES 7
Not applicable
If you compare MTN results to VOD (both operating in the same current economic conditions) - I think I'll be putting my money with MTN. It looks like the market might think so too... MTN's aggressive expansion into Africa and the middle-East will hopefully ensure their longevity.
0 Kudos
Not applicable
So it would seem as if VOD has been humstrung by its association with Telkom which did not undderstand much about mobile communications, dont you think so?
0 Kudos
jack12
Super Contributor
maybe it was VOD that screwed up TKG???
0 Kudos
SimonPB
Valued Contributor
nothing was deleted yesterday ..
0 Kudos
olilau
Frequent Contributor
bene, i see your post is still there, just further down. (assuming you are talking about the one referring to DEP's analysis of TKG share price ?
0 Kudos
Not applicable
It's a difficult one to call - consider the history, VOD had the head start, MTN had to play catch-up. I think this forced MTN to explore more avenues, which are paying of at the moment. OMHO
0 Kudos
Not applicable
No dividends to be paid out? What happened to the article published on fin24 yesterday? Quote: "Despite tough conditions, Vodacom hopes investors will buy the stock for its solid dividends - it has vowed to pay out 40% of its maiden headline earnings - and exposure to markets with big growth potential." http://www.fin24.com/articles/default/display_article.aspx?Nav=ns&ArticleID=1518-24_2518567
0 Kudos