Visit our COVID-19 site for latest information regarding how we can support you. For up to date information about the pandemic visit www.sacoronavirus.co.za.

bs-regular
bs-extra-light
bs-light
bs-light
bs-cond-light-webfont
bs-medium
bs-bold
bs-black

Community

Share knowledge. Ask questions. Find answers.

Online Share Trading

Engage and learn about markets and trading online

Overbought market

kwagga
Super Contributor
I was running through my quite expensive list of shares and looked at the ALSI chart and I must say, this market seems to be well into overbought territory. Some stock that doesn't seem to be so overbought are the following: Bats, Capitec, Liberty Holdings, Sasol, Steinhoff, Litha and Pan Af. Who know what will happen, but I took the liberty of taking a little profit off the market yesterday.omo
0 Kudos
2 REPLIES 2
gareth01
Regular Contributor
Totally agree with you....I have been accumulating SHF and BTI at lower levels. The rest of the money is staying in cash after a meaningful pullback of at least 3-5%...but it does appear the momentum upward is in overall market. I am not sure if I wrong....but our market is well balanced in terms of good news and bad news, affecting the overall market for it to continue to go higher... When the news is bad - gold counters rally, defensive shares hold (or go higher). When the news is good - resources, industrials and financials just go higher... (when does the ALSI go down???)....never. lol....
0 Kudos
Rams
Super Contributor
The bears( and the forum kid ) going to come after you
0 Kudos