Visit our COVID-19 site for latest information regarding how we can support you. For up to date information about the pandemic visit www.sacoronavirus.co.za.

bs-regular
bs-extra-light
bs-light
bs-light
bs-cond-light-webfont
bs-medium
bs-bold
bs-black

Community

Share knowledge. Ask questions. Find answers.

Online Share Trading

Engage and learn about markets and trading online

Overheads.

Not applicable
Monthlies.How much cashflow do U need to break-even ? An excellent way to note unnecessary expenditures.Works.Mine is down to R8 000. I rent.No mortgage. Goal >> 16k a month. You ?
0 Kudos
25 REPLIES 25
Not applicable
Uh...trading goal 16k per month.
0 Kudos
sasa
Regular Contributor
With fear of being labelled sexist, I presume that you don't have a non-working wife...??
0 Kudos
cfm
Super Contributor
As somebody with a non-working wife, I had to smile at this comment.
0 Kudos
doomsdayza
Super Contributor
are you only trading cfds?
0 Kudos
HateGauteng
Super Contributor
I need 10k bare minimum (even though living with my parents). Target 20k pm to make trading worth my time.
0 Kudos
Not applicable
Trading with 1 third of capital.Just CFDs.Most of it is invested in....yup....NEWGold.It's my savings account,so to speak.And WHEN that Rand goes belly-up(the easiest bet of 2011), it will constantly reflect currency-devaluation as that Rand balance shoots UP.And so one protects onself first, and Trade,second.####And some cold ales.I'm a simple man.
0 Kudos
DEP
Super Contributor
Eh, why will the Rand go belly up in 2011? Buddy, do your research, $ will go belly up in 2011! Luckily GLD should do well... Both R/$ and Gold to go stronger in 2011.
0 Kudos
richardw
Super Contributor
I loathe monthly payments. Currently have a new bond, but have slammed over half of it since March between the two of us. No car payments and I keep all other monthly payments as low as possible. I could probably get by on 6k without changing much.
0 Kudos
Not applicable
Why the Rand belly-up ?Easy.The major thing that keeps the Rand where it is...is utterly fickle HOT MONEY FLOWS.End of story.And they showed us in Oct 2008 just what they think of the Rand.Take a look at the speed of that Rand vs Pound/Euro/Dollar charts.....in 2008.Rand-positive fundamentals are nothing but mass-media generated nonsense and noise. SHORT THE RAND.2011.Like Candy from a Baby.
0 Kudos
SimonPB
Valued Contributor
so what is going to change in 2011 that will see the hot money flee ???
0 Kudos
Blik
Super Contributor
I pay about R7500.00 a month on expenses, excepting my Medical Aid which my wife pays. So half of that - I reckon about R 9000.00 would cover all my costs. DSTV, Bond, Monthly Security, Food, Insurance etc. I live reasonably cheaply and have paid off almost all of my bond.
0 Kudos
grommet
Regular Contributor
geese i need to have a serious look at my cost of living
0 Kudos
SimonPB
Valued Contributor
***** .. you people need to find some habits ..
0 Kudos
Blik
Super Contributor
I am at peace Simon - well until the next Currie Cup final. Seriously wine isnt that expensive.
0 Kudos
DEP
Super Contributor
hmmm, any of you guys got kids (like teenagers emptying out the fridge every day) - I got 3! Then we can talk figures..
0 Kudos
Not applicable
and university costs
0 Kudos
Mr_S
Super Contributor
HAHA I beat all the lowest costs. being a student, spending R450 max on food, R500 on the girlfriend (shes expensively hot), and around R800 for my other personal expenses. id say R2000 covers it....which i could have lower costs for my business tho!
0 Kudos
leminus2
Regular Contributor
Well the student life is the good life. So what about your rent ect..... At the moment I will need at least 22k a month. Taking into account bonds, insurances ect.....
0 Kudos
Mr_S
Super Contributor
Father pays for residence, mom requires me to purchase groceries when i stay the weekend...Business on the other hand has expenses worth about 18k monthly....:-l, from what i gather from the above, lol if u want to save cash dont have children...!!
0 Kudos