Visit our COVID-19 site for latest information regarding how we can support you. For up to date information about the pandemic visit www.sacoronavirus.co.za.

bs-regular
bs-extra-light
bs-light
bs-light
bs-cond-light-webfont
bs-medium
bs-bold
bs-black

Community

Share knowledge. Ask questions. Find answers.

Online Share Trading

Engage and learn about markets and trading online

PET results

SKALA
Super Contributor
Seems like the lower performance as per the SENS was expected, judging from the price reaction. Now, hold,sell or add? And dont come with trade plan stories!! What could be expected from the price? I would like to add to the profit I now have and if the short term future prospects seems good, I would want to hold longer. I do not have a longer than 12 month view with this one.
0 Kudos
8 REPLIES 8
topgun
Super Contributor
Well, commodity markets and prices are recovering. Increased ferrochrome and ferromanganese production (as indicated by MRF) and stable glass demand should benefit the silica operation, while Somkhele should benefit from stronger anthracite pricing and the continued volume ramp-up of this mine. Veremo jointly owned with Kermas holds a substantial and high quality magnetite ore resource and could provide significant blue-sky once the development of a pig-iron operation starts. Entrepreneurial management, a sound balance sheet and a recovering share price round off the attraction of an investment. A certain hold in my opinion.
0 Kudos
SKALA
Super Contributor
Dankie topgun; The view you experess was the reason I bought a while back, but why the drop in earnings if price of their products were riseing? Why will they now turn into profit in next 6 months? I am not a financial type, but I believe to look at some fundamentals and not only TA.
0 Kudos
topgun
Super Contributor
SKALA, kommoditeitspryse het eers gedurende die 2de helfde van 2009 begin herstel en volumes daarna. Die Rand het deurlopend versterk en antrasiet verkeer steeds in ooraanbod. Springlake is ook verkoop en sy inkomste uitgesluit. Hierdie resultate verteenwoordig egter die onderste draaipunt in die inkomstekurwe en behoort aansienlik te verbeter oor die volgende 2-jaar. Verder bied Petmin se sterk balansstaat ook geleentheid vir korporatiewe aksie en verdere oornames in sy sektor. Enigste negatief, is dat die direkteure hulself te veel betaal.
0 Kudos
SKALA
Super Contributor
Topgun, ja boet, ek het weer na die verslae ens gaan kyk en miskien moet ek my 12 maande siening hier toepas. Maw, herwaardeer die situasie na die volgende resultate en buitendien, sien eers hoeveel dividend hulle gaan uitgee. So, ek hou vir nou. Neem aan jy het ook van hulle. Het hulle voorheen in Sep 07 tot Nov 07 verhandel met 60% wins.
0 Kudos
nass
Occasional Contributor
Is PET going to break thru the next ceiling of 250 ? and what is it's next resistance level ?
0 Kudos
Mar-11
Super Contributor
250 looks like could be big resistance, previously was excpecting 260 as the next level... but think 250 looks more likely now. MRF (also mention earler) i think is at very key level and trying very had to break through aswell. Im currently in these shares and watching them very close.
0 Kudos
THRESHOLD
Super Contributor
Superb set of results. Volumes down by 60% on anthracite but profit still up there (= pricing power) in a recession where even the likes of Assore fell on their collective faces. Silica churning away unabated. No not debt. Cash build continues. They have a spectacular potential iron ore / titanium project due to come on line soon. A great little counter. IMO
0 Kudos
SKALA
Super Contributor
Thanks for your positive input; makes it easier to hold the shares.
0 Kudos