Visit our COVID-19 site for latest information regarding how we can support you. For up to date information about the pandemic visit www.sacoronavirus.co.za.

bs-regular
bs-extra-light
bs-light
bs-light
bs-cond-light-webfont
bs-medium
bs-bold
bs-black

Community

Share knowledge. Ask questions. Find answers.

Online Share Trading

Engage and learn about markets and trading online

PLEASE HELP: TOPSBN

Hibiscus
Regular Contributor
Went long TOPSBN before the correction; did not cut poistion according to stop profit/loss strategy; still long on levels we will not see before expiry and time decay is making it worse. What if I cut certain percentages now at highs like yesterday and enter into longer dated products at lows alternative to let it run up to expiry and take what is left?. Your comments please
0 Kudos
9 REPLIES 9
Tango
Super Contributor
I haven't checked to see if there are any other long-dated warrants issued by SB, but you might want to give the issuer a call and see if they will trade you into another warrant that isn't as close to the edge as this one. Try to avoid crossing the spread twice to get into another instrument. If you want to maintain the same position with the same issuer they should be able to help you. I'm sure you've learnt some lessons - warrants suck, obey your stops, don't hold warrants that are too close to expiry.
0 Kudos
Hibiscus
Regular Contributor
Thanks. At one stage I was deep in the money but greed.... for more. John what do you think?
0 Kudos
SimonPB
Valued Contributor
Hibiscus - I assume you now have a trailing stop loss in place (manual)?
0 Kudos
Hibiscus
Regular Contributor
Yes, I am follwing the thread of Firefly and agree with your argument re futures. Warrants you know upfront what you are prepared to loose - as for futures you need to be at your desk full time. That why I stay away from futures and why I am where I am, now!
0 Kudos
john_1
Super Contributor
Whats with everybody asking my advice. I told you if I knew the answers I would be sailing in the Indian ocaen with my trophy yaught already. I think that you have payed school fees well done now learn the leason, now go and prosper.
0 Kudos
Hibiscus
Regular Contributor
0 Kudos
john_1
Super Contributor
Next week mate.
0 Kudos
TJH
Frequent Contributor
Hibiscus: I wouldn't go long on any other longer dated warrant. As someone once said, when the Titanic is sinking you don't want to find the safest place on the ship - you want to get the f***-off the ship. The next crack is still coming. Soon.
0 Kudos
org
Super Contributor
see www.gold-eagle.com click on box technical analysis, also see www.mahendraprophecy.com.
0 Kudos