Visit our COVID-19 site for latest information regarding how we can support you. For up to date information about the pandemic visit www.sacoronavirus.co.za.

bs-regular
bs-extra-light
bs-light
bs-light
bs-cond-light-webfont
bs-medium
bs-bold
bs-black

Community

Share knowledge. Ask questions. Find answers.

Online Share Trading

Engage and learn about markets and trading online

PNC and the three day rule

Parttimer
Frequent Contributor
look at what the company value per share is and make up you own mind whether you're buying at a discount or not, anything else you're guessing
0 Kudos
Edge
Frequent Contributor
Pinnacle Holdings share dive 'tempts' CEO to buy stock Source:I-Net BridgeDate: 2014/03/27
0 Kudos
kylescot
Occasional Contributor
@magictacis1.. I totally agree there is a huge difference, on one hand we have allegations of bribery, not that uncommon in Africa.. on the other we have the biggest oil spill in history, 200 million gallons caused by negligence on the part of BP.. but th
0 Kudos
kylescot
Occasional Contributor
@Parttimer.. I agree with most of your sentiments, I too am concerned about more dirt coming out.. however I did buy in today at an average of R11.76.. I might well be full of remorse tomorrow for not having sold out by the end of play today, but I am not
0 Kudos
Preston
Super Contributor
Garth McKenzie - I have great respect for this man. Extremely humble individual.
0 Kudos
partridge
Super Contributor
I cannot understand the basis of this rule. If you have a rule it has some kind of basis - in experience - this rule seems to conclude that bad news is bad news is bad news- but clearly some is worse than others - BP for example. An arbitrary period seems at best risky. Is the assumption that every thing has been brought back down to basics - i.e. the impact assessed and the share price reflecting an oversold position- hard to believe in this case at this point. Perhaps later?
0 Kudos
SimonPB
Valued Contributor
well two thoughts and both from the interview in which Garth explains them .. it is how the news flows from day 1 to day 2 and then day 3, and it is a trade not an investment .. further does it work 100% of the time? no, nothing does except my wine opener ..
0 Kudos
Dr_Phopho
Contributor
I think this " bad news" is going to blow over soon. But I think PNC could move sideways until there's a lil bit of certainty that its over. So I'm going long if closes above R15.
0 Kudos
hexadecimal
Contributor
0 Kudos
superstar
Regular Contributor
Simon, like your wine opener this rule has worked this time. I might be speaking (well writting actually) a bit soon.
0 Kudos
superstar
Regular Contributor
Simon, like your wine opener this rule has worked this time. I might be speaking (well writting actually) a bit soon.
0 Kudos
SimonPB
Valued Contributor
already taken my money and run
0 Kudos
SimonPB
Valued Contributor
many seem to be missing the point, you buy on day three and take a very quick profit, i got 5% after costs on under lying
0 Kudos
Galuc
Super Contributor
Does the rule say anything about 5% profit? You jumped ship before the rats appeared.
0 Kudos
SimonPB
Valued Contributor
sure I did, never traded the theory before and took profit way quick .. in hind sight way too quick ..
0 Kudos
Rams
Super Contributor
It's like throwing darts....to get 50% , you need to throw at least 100 times, and the first 50 could be losses .....so system least important?
0 Kudos