Visit our COVID-19 site for latest information regarding how we can support you. For up to date information about the pandemic visit www.sacoronavirus.co.za.

bs-regular
bs-extra-light
bs-light
bs-light
bs-cond-light-webfont
bs-medium
bs-bold
bs-black

Community

Share knowledge. Ask questions. Find answers.

Online Share Trading

Engage and learn about markets and trading online

PNC bus leaving

kwagga
Super Contributor
Expected to stop not too far off from it's falling off the cliff R20 level. So next stop Route R20. Anyone on-board....?
0 Kudos
13 REPLIES 13
Not applicable
well, clearing the corruption charges is great - it leaves their government contracts in tact - so the concern over 30% of their revenue is no longer an issue. Problem is you still have to deal with the profit warning. EPS of 160cps with a long term average PE of 11 puts a fair value at 1700-1800 level. Nice if you caught this just before the news, not enough incentive left for me to consider getting in now (maybe if we have a crazy volatile pullback tomorrow I might take a cheeky position)
0 Kudos
klapka
Super Contributor
This could be my killing of the year. We all make money from a lucky buy sometimes and this was one of mine. The important thing is to recognise it was luck and nothing clever but I'll take it. Of course they still have insider trading investigations ongoing.
0 Kudos
kylescot
Occasional Contributor
This time last week I was totally underwater, this afternoon I am surfin again..:-) but I think R17-00 will be tops in the near future, but if they maintain the divi.. who knows..!! I cant help wondering if we have not witnessed one of the biggest Bear Raids in on the JSE in recent times, I wonder who was buying while others were fearful as Buffett would say..:-)
0 Kudos
Bouwer
Super Contributor
I know Garth bought this on 3rd day of bad news.. Would be short on 3rd day of good news?
0 Kudos
kwagga
Super Contributor
I think R17-R18 would probably constitute fair value. That's R3-4 rand from current levels. That's good enough for me. I'm already 10% up on this thing. Happy days.
0 Kudos
richardw
Super Contributor
45% up :) I kept adding on the way down because I think they're a smart company. Although can't take any credit for predicting this jump - the director thing was always a binary outcome. My bet was long-term and I still only care about the divs 5-10 years from now since I'm unlikely to be selling.
0 Kudos
Bouwer
Super Contributor
To be honest I am quite surprised by this rally. The integrity of the board has been tainted regardless of the results.. There probably are old bones in the closet somewhere just waiting for some one to find it..
0 Kudos
richardw
Super Contributor
You can fire the board. Over the next decade it won't matter. Agree on the rally though - just pure luck.
0 Kudos
SimonPB
Valued Contributor
there are issues that remain, revenue growth of 7% is extremely modest when you consider weaker rand should have on it's own added 7% .. so negative unit sales, ie losing market share that MST seems to have picked up .. when you just a box dropper this is a real risk .. the deal with DCT runs risk of not happening any time soon as they would have wanted to pay with expensive script, now they have cheap script .. lastly they say that government sales in the last quarter where not 'significantly' down .. but they were there down, and maybe it as a result of the election in Q4 .. that's the lost market share and that only in Q4, what of FY15 ??
short version, too many unknowns, I want to see results first and the details ..
0 Kudos
klapka
Super Contributor
Yep apart from the governance issues which are still under investigation what matters now is future earnings. And last night Director Henry Ferreira was interviewed on BDTV or CNBC. He said the usual "I cannot discuss results" but he did and I quote, "Margins are being squeezed by increased competition and cost pressures." Unfortunately the interviewer talked over the remark and didn't pick it up but it was very clear.
0 Kudos
superstar
Regular Contributor
And I missed it
0 Kudos
superstar
Regular Contributor
And I missed it
0 Kudos
superstar
Regular Contributor
And I missed it