Visit our COVID-19 site for latest information regarding how we can support you. For up to date information about the pandemic visit www.sacoronavirus.co.za.

bs-regular
bs-extra-light
bs-light
bs-light
bs-cond-light-webfont
bs-medium
bs-bold
bs-black

Community

Share knowledge. Ask questions. Find answers.

Online Share Trading

Engage and learn about markets and trading online

PNC director arrested for bribery

SimonPB
Valued Contributor
three weeks ago on 5 March, directors been selling since results released 7 March and we hear about it in the media today .. SENS due shortly ..
http://www.techcentral.co.za/pinnacle-director-charged-with-corruption/47122/
0 Kudos
27 REPLIES 27
THRESHOLD
Super Contributor
So they went with a different bribe then...?
0 Kudos
THRESHOLD
Super Contributor
So they went with a different bribe then...?
0 Kudos
phd
Contributor
One of the many dangers of tokenism
0 Kudos
Not applicable
went long on a few cfd's people are selling on emotions or very short term news.
0 Kudos
md49
Contributor
CASH+KING - fair point. but this coupled with the results recently just adds to the sentiment.
0 Kudos
kwagga
Super Contributor
So now we know how Pinnacle sustained their wonderful growth over the years. Falling knife I'm not willing to catch.
0 Kudos
Rovert
Super Contributor
And now? Trading suspended?
0 Kudos
MehmoodHaffejee
Frequent Contributor
I also raised concern on directors sell off on this forum, but many people didn't want to connect the dots. But teh question is...have the fundamentals changed or not?
0 Kudos
MehmoodHaffejee
Frequent Contributor
I also raised concern on directors sell off on this forum, but many people didn't want to connect the dots. But the question is...have the fundamentals changed or not?
0 Kudos
sponono
Super Contributor
R14 target not far off now
0 Kudos
THRESHOLD
Super Contributor
If they are implicated in a bribery scandal then - yes - fundamentals have most certainly changed. If there is an investigation it may be expanded to include other state business. They may have trouble collecting money owing from state business. Any further state tenders are in doubt etc.
0 Kudos
kwagga
Super Contributor
Same exec accused of corruption sold R4 mil of shares last week. He undoubtedly knew what was coming. What I would like to know i how do you hide millions of bridery money in your books without independant ouditors picking up on it ? I see the director charged is also the Chairman of the Ethics and Social Committe at Pinnacle - funny stuff. They will have to own up to shareholders....
0 Kudos
sponono
Super Contributor
0 Kudos
manere_fortis
Frequent Contributor
management not open with shareholders = lack of trust - this share price is going down. catch knives at your own peril.
0 Kudos
john43
Occasional Contributor
the share will probably be suspended tonight and everyone loses - except the cat that sold 4000 000 at 20 rand a share
0 Kudos
Russ
Super Contributor
It's lost almost 50% since its high in August.
0 Kudos
sponono
Super Contributor
0 Kudos
phd
Contributor
Shouldn't he be locked up for insider trading (and bribery).
0 Kudos
SimonPB
Valued Contributor
important point, Arnold Fourie entered a zero cost collar a while back and the institution he entered in with are calling his shares at 1.2m per month as long as price above threshold .. so he forced seller
0 Kudos