Visit our COVID-19 site for latest information regarding how we can support you. For up to date information about the pandemic visit www.sacoronavirus.co.za.

bs-regular
bs-extra-light
bs-light
bs-light
bs-cond-light-webfont
bs-medium
bs-bold
bs-black

Community

Share knowledge. Ask questions. Find answers.

Online Share Trading

Engage and learn about markets and trading online

PPC

Skyhawk
Contributor
Hi, I have been sitting with PPC shares since the beginning of time.... When looking at the price history I noticed that the period of 2007 was golden were the price range was in the 40 to 50 rand a share. This share has never bounced back in all the years and I would appreciate if anyone could shed some light on this. Thanks, S
0 Kudos
5 REPLIES 5
barry_1
Super Contributor
Even if they will eventually reach previous heights,you have lost great value as inflation would have silently eaten into your profits.One has to be vigilent and constantly monitor your holdings...Put another way that money that you lost by not with drawing should have been re-invested in another stock or even left in a fixed deposit when you first noticed the share price declining.SimonPB could work out a perfect stratergy for exiting your shares .See his Just One Lap blog.
0 Kudos
SimonPB
Valued Contributor
0 Kudos
mullet_fish
Regular Contributor
Many of us were sucked into this one. Paul Theron constantly "oversold" the story and then did a duck and run.......diversifying your risk should take care of this one....
0 Kudos
Rams
Super Contributor
If your portfolio is doing a reasonable 15% even with the loss on PPC, then get rid of it . Then work out a strategy for entry and exit and buy according to your rules.....for investing, portfolio performance is very important, rather than focussing on individual shares in the short term....you can never pick all the winners all the time
0 Kudos
mullet_fish
Regular Contributor
PPC was talked up by analysts for a long time - in particular by a Mr Paul Theron - the lesson as usual is be careful, use your own discretion and stay diversified.
0 Kudos