Visit our COVID-19 site for latest information regarding how we can support you. For up to date information about the pandemic visit www.sacoronavirus.co.za.

bs-regular
bs-extra-light
bs-light
bs-light
bs-cond-light-webfont
bs-medium
bs-bold
bs-black

Community

Share knowledge. Ask questions. Find answers.

Online Share Trading

Engage and learn about markets and trading online

PROFIT TAKING????

Not applicable
ELLIES HAS RUN VERY AGGRESSIVELY THIS WEEK FROM 825 TO 890,IS IT TYM 4 A PROFIT TAKING OR SHUD I WAIT???
0 Kudos
13 REPLIES 13
kwagga
Super Contributor
Save yourself the trouble and just keep this to R10. My feeling is that it's going to be tricky to get back in once you take profit.
0 Kudos
md49
Contributor
Must you be screaming at everyone? Ever heard of lower case?
0 Kudos
Preston
Super Contributor
In this market, take profit when you can. It will build confidence in you and your trading plan.This market will give you plenty of opportunities to re-enter "Ellies" at a lower price. omo
0 Kudos
Not applicable
There's no reason to exit. I made the mistake of chasing and taking profits on Taste - Lesson learn't: Be patient and follow your system. Unless your system indicates it's time to exit, leave it be. OMO.
0 Kudos
Not applicable
Same lesson learned also on Taste! lol.
Bought at R 1, sold @ R 2.20....now its at R 4.
That was a painful profit...
0 Kudos
WES
Super Contributor
why not use a trailing stop loss based on the average trading range, and if you get stopped out eventually the decision is taking out of your hands and you make peace with it, nobody can predict tops and bottoms !
0 Kudos
sponono
Super Contributor
If I was you but I'm not you I will leave this stock alone and put a stop loss at R7. This stock has all the qualities of a stock that can triple (remember CML at R7??) 1) its trading below R10, 2) the earnings have just doubles 3) its trading at all time highs 4) it has less than 500 million issued shares only 60% is trading on a daily basis.
0 Kudos
sponono
Super Contributor
and it was the best performing stock last year, chances are it will be part of the 10 best performing stocks this year and next year
0 Kudos
fressa
Regular Contributor
Im holding til R12. i recommend everyone else do the same. will re-evaluate when the price hits my target.
0 Kudos
kwagga
Super Contributor
R10 will be physiological barrier. The ease of a break of R10 will be an indication of buyer's strength on this share. I do however expect some sort of retracement one time or another. Another share on the move is Eqstra with a potential "hostle take out of Protec and a trading update of earning in excess of 20%. Exciting stuff.
0 Kudos
SimonPB
Valued Contributor
0 Kudos
Creature_of_the
Super Contributor
Or buy more........?
0 Kudos
Creature_of_the
Super Contributor
0 Kudos