Visit our COVID-19 site for latest information regarding how we can support you. For up to date information about the pandemic visit www.sacoronavirus.co.za.

bs-regular
bs-extra-light
bs-light
bs-light
bs-cond-light-webfont
bs-medium
bs-bold
bs-black

Community

Share knowledge. Ask questions. Find answers.

Online Share Trading

Engage and learn about markets and trading online

PROFITTAKING DAY

Big_Bucks
Super Contributor
Methinks a very red day today
0 Kudos
12 REPLIES 12
Not applicable
YA - Hope it will go down a little more for some nice buying opportunity.
0 Kudos
jack12
Super Contributor
Not sure about profit taking, maybe shorts trying to get longs on
0 Kudos
Not applicable
my two cents worth - there are quite a few companies with shorting opportunities out there, that have shown relative weakness in the last mini rally (Check out Remgro's head & shoulders - or M&R that is sitting on about 6 months support). Other than resources, JSE has been hit quite hard with every ftse/dow correction. If this continues to be the case, then a short will make you money - if it doesn't, and we only drop a small amount (say 1% on JSE) then i would say that the next big up push is likely around the corner
0 Kudos
Not applicable
BIL also looks a bit out of steam. MTN on the other hand mmnn...
0 Kudos
Not applicable
I b itching to short mtn for a couple of days now, but a voice tells me it's just something you don't do.
0 Kudos
Not applicable
Looking at the MTN chart, YUCK....downside still expected but how much and worth a short...... I would want to agree and stay out today. Might re-look Monday.
0 Kudos
SimonPB
Valued Contributor
Five .. the fact that you can hack the net nanny doesn't mean I won't toss you off the forum ..
0 Kudos
doomsdayza
Super Contributor
he's itching to short mtn... you got no street cred simon
0 Kudos
Not applicable
Twas an honest mistake
0 Kudos
Not applicable
Simon? Really?
0 Kudos
SimonPB
Valued Contributor
0 Kudos
divz
Super Contributor
I b itching?? short for I have been itching. SBK obviously does not do SMS speak.
0 Kudos