Visit our COVID-19 site for latest information regarding how we can support you. For up to date information about the pandemic visit www.sacoronavirus.co.za.

bs-regular
bs-extra-light
bs-light
bs-light
bs-cond-light-webfont
bs-medium
bs-bold
bs-black

Community

Share knowledge. Ask questions. Find answers.

Online Share Trading

Engage and learn about markets and trading online

PSG offer to share holder

hippo
Contributor
Hi Folks. I need some help please.PSG is offering 1.5767 PSG Group Limited (PSG) shares for every one of my CPI stock. Why would it be to my advantage to take up the offer? What are the risks for me if I don't? Thanks in advance for your help
0 Kudos
5 REPLIES 5
Werner_1
Super Contributor
This is a rediculous offer. check the history of my comments, I chatted to Simon about this about last month, and it is actually hugely to our disadvantage if we accept. I am faxing the proxy through now to reject it! It was something like 5 times less value in the end if one accepts the offer (i could be wrong, but check the other comments).
0 Kudos
Pluto
Contributor
As a shareholder you would have got a booklet that explains everything. If you do the maths, PSG are offering to acquire your CPI shares at a huge discount to the current CPI price - it is a mandatory (but ridiculous) offer that they have to make because of their shareholding in CPI because of the JSE rules. So bottom line: reject the PSG offer and retain your CPI shares!!
0 Kudos
hippo
Contributor
Thanks Werner. Thats what I figured, more or less, but could not believe how bad it was. Now my next question. If I do nothing I remain a CPI shareholder, yes?
0 Kudos
hippo
Contributor
Thanks guys. Will do my rejection.
0 Kudos
Werner_1
Super Contributor
I think its always safer to officially reject the offer, you would have gotten an email from OST as well. you can reply to them and they will make your vote. I think if you dont take action it might be considered an "ABSTAIN" and then not counted... not sure though. Everyone must reject this offer to get the totals as high as possible...
0 Kudos