Visit our COVID-19 site for latest information regarding how we can support you. For up to date information about the pandemic visit www.sacoronavirus.co.za.

bs-regular
bs-extra-light
bs-light
bs-light
bs-cond-light-webfont
bs-medium
bs-bold
bs-black

Community

Share knowledge. Ask questions. Find answers.

Online Share Trading

Engage and learn about markets and trading online

PULL back

BABYBOY
Regular Contributor
ANYONE KNOW if the pull back is coming. im sure i can hear the bears... mmmm. maybe tomorrow... yep... tomorrow. close today hopefully 0,2% today. opt.
0 Kudos
37 REPLIES 37
Brazen
Super Contributor
This IS the pull back babyboy.
0 Kudos
Not applicable
the only pullback I see is the bears ears being pulled back as the bulls steady them for the next thrust from behind...
0 Kudos
john_1
Super Contributor
Hi theree B... been unpacking boxes?
0 Kudos
ollieowen
New Contributor
HA HA HA thanks Chartist you made my day!! that was brilliant :)
0 Kudos
BABYBOY
Regular Contributor
so no possibility of a small downward movement...? i think at least tomorrow -0.2%.. is there a chance. JSE looks steady... bulls rule the market but there... jus forget it...
0 Kudos
Brazen
Super Contributor
Hey johnboy! Went on a little road trip, Addo to see the elephants, PE to see the dolphins etc. Great trip to do when your kids are a little bigger. Addo's really fab, absolutely packed with animals and very beautiful. And PE is an old fashioned beachfront - slightly gone to seed but kinda magical for kids. The museum is a riot, full of wierd things. My two were fascinated by the 5 month old foetus in a jar and the six metre long Python.
0 Kudos
Not applicable
of course we could..we could see a 2% pullback even a 10% pullback...anything is possible but all you have to do is assume that the bigger the pullback the greater the thrust which the bears will have to endure...they should just relax and take it like the big butch things they are....
0 Kudos
Gold_Guru
Contributor
I know we have had quite a debate about the possible correction. I for one still believe this bull market is going to continue for years to come. Although I also believe a pull back is very probable. I'm just really scared to commit capital to anything at the moment. Watching a few shares, ENL DDT (UP nicely today), GFI, JDG and EXX. Not sure what to do. Think I'll sit back and wait. Might regret it though if the bulls keep going. Then again i'm not completely out of the market. Got EXX, DRD and ANG.
0 Kudos
DEP
Super Contributor
When almost every trader on this chat think a 5 to 10% is not possible, that when it will happen. Just look at the bullish posting and you will know the time is near... Few are prepared for the pull back!
0 Kudos
BABYBOY
Regular Contributor
i idea... the list of indices(top 40) are mixed up... some shares up and some down... plus signs which is the LAW what ever goes up must go down. i think it was MURPHY LAW. but good luck to the bull and bear traders. just be-aware. thats all im saying... make sure your not outside when it starts to rain...
0 Kudos
Not applicable
what does not prepared for the pullback mean?...if it means sitting on the sidelines waiting to go short thats dumb ....if it means trading every day like any other when a pullback can be expected any second thats a different matter. You should expect a pullback ever second of the day if you are long....when I go long I expect a pullback nut it doesnt prevent me from going long...
0 Kudos
asylum
Super Contributor
So what if we have a pullback great i say i can buy more shares and wait for the bull to run.
0 Kudos
DEP
Super Contributor
Means hold on to some cash, like 40% of portfolio?
0 Kudos
john_1
Super Contributor
Sounds Like you guys had a great time, Good to have you back!
0 Kudos
PaulC
Super Contributor
Prob with the question is the word KNOW. The only think I KNOW is whats already happened. The second is you didnt define PULLBACK. Do you mean the ALSI index the TOPI index or just a single share? I mean I made good money on my STX futures today but lets not talk about MTN .... :) - P
0 Kudos
barry_1
Super Contributor
i'm 25% in cash,this time of the year has caught me out,at least for the blue chips,taking no long positions ,plenty of time to get in again from July onwards.Small caps are running which they usually do towards the end of a bull run.Yes the overall bull run is still on,in the bigger picture on the seven year cycle.
0 Kudos
DEP
Super Contributor
ALSI and TOPI
0 Kudos
BABYBOY
Regular Contributor
again I TOLD YOU SO...
0 Kudos
webster_1
Frequent Contributor
And you would also have waited 100 days to say so...
0 Kudos