Visit our COVID-19 site for latest information regarding how we can support you. For up to date information about the pandemic visit www.sacoronavirus.co.za.

bs-regular
bs-extra-light
bs-light
bs-light
bs-cond-light-webfont
bs-medium
bs-bold
bs-black

Community

Share knowledge. Ask questions. Find answers.

Online Share Trading

Engage and learn about markets and trading online

Payroll Data..Am i correct in my assessment

Preston
Super Contributor
If payroll data is below expectation..US Dollar will depreciate.ZAR is pegged to US dollar...therefore ZAR will depreciate. BHP Billiton will appreciate more in value cos there is a positive correlation between ZAR performance and Billiton. Please if i am wrong, educate instead of criticise.
0 Kudos
10 REPLIES 10
Not applicable
only my 2 cents worth - if the dollar weakens gold price goes up and the Rand strengthens !
0 Kudos
Preston
Super Contributor
0 Kudos
scandal
Super Contributor
me thinks this is already priced into the JSE. GLD up 1045% yet spot gold is almost unchanged about -$0.45 Should non-farm data disappoint and show job growth, we might be in for a nice short trade to about 28120 then 28000 maybe more OMO
0 Kudos
Not applicable
HI PRESTON - my 2 cents worth looking at the psychology of people , things get bad react to every news then stunned amazement not waying which to follow then no reaction to every single news then comes positise based on all the bargains around causing us small frys to react then SO WHERE ARE WE NOW ????? THATS THE QUESTION
0 Kudos
Preston
Super Contributor
0 Kudos
Preston
Super Contributor
0 Kudos
steve_1
Frequent Contributor
Just bought BIL, lot of profit to be made.....
0 Kudos
Not applicable
All you TA experts can correct me if I'm wrong, but according to what I see BIL has a resistance level at about 25200. So, steve, you bought pretty close to that. Shouldn't one wait until that resistance is breached before going long? Or alternatively go short if resistance is tested but not breached?
0 Kudos
steve_1
Frequent Contributor
0 Kudos
Not applicable
Sorry, steve, didn't read Preston's post :)
0 Kudos