Visit our COVID-19 site for latest information regarding how we can support you. For up to date information about the pandemic visit www.sacoronavirus.co.za.

bs-regular
bs-extra-light
bs-light
bs-light
bs-cond-light-webfont
bs-medium
bs-bold
bs-black

Community

Share knowledge. Ask questions. Find answers.

Online Share Trading

Engage and learn about markets and trading online

Penny Shares

Not applicable
Watter penny shares sal jul aanbeveel om mee te begin???????
0 Kudos
19 REPLIES 19
Not applicable
What do you suggest and why? Why pennystocks now anyway? State an opinion with reasons and you may get an answer
0 Kudos
Not applicable
Ek dink die groei in % is soveel grooter as blue chips,veral as jy n beginner is!
0 Kudos
Theater_Cat
Super Contributor
But the risk is about 100000 more...
0 Kudos
Not applicable
Centwise, daar is een word; LIQUIDITY, gaan kyk na Milkworx,MKX,dit wissel tussen 2c en 3c D.V.S. 50% op n slag.Maar daar is so baie kopers/verkopers afhanklik wat jy wil doen dat jy kan nie jou dele verwissel kry nie.Bly by hoog Liquidity dele dan is daar altyd n instante trade.
0 Kudos
Not applicable
Cat! Wat sal jy se moet n mens meer begin
0 Kudos
Theater_Cat
Super Contributor
In die goeie ou dae, sou ek se 'blue chips', maar deesdae is die net so wisselvallig/volatile! Begin gerus deur goeie boeke te lees, soos Dr Alexander Elder se 'come into my trading room' of 'trading for a living'. Daarna, kies uiters likiede aandele - bly ver weg van illikiede aandele; kies ook aandele wat nie te volatiel is nie met 'lae beta'. Ja, ons wil almal streef na 'n 'quick buck' - ek inkluis, maar forseer jouself om stadig te begin...
0 Kudos
barry_1
Super Contributor
dis nie altyd waar dat "small caps" doen beter as groter maatskappye....maak 'n hele paar wag lyste vir jou self van aandele ,onhou om die "tracker" in te sluit....op hierdie manier sal jy 'n voel vir die mark kry,nog voor jy begin koop....begin met aandele eerste ,voor jy met derivitives begin dobble....dis baie min dat jy positiewe rusultate kry met derivitives en kan al jou geld verloor....doen jou eie navorsing,moet nie staat maak op wat ander mense oor skryf....good luck with your trading....we are not really allowed to give tips,but discuss our own portfolios and answer questions on any problem u might have....also read the rules govering this forum first
0 Kudos
Not applicable
faritec boys and girls. I have already doubled my money. If they don't turn around, good bet is that they will get bought out. Also waiting for sallies court case ruling before climbing in there. That is the thing with penny stocks - it is a gamble - but one that promises massive returns if you get it right. With derivatives, you have holding costs, margin requirements, slippage, etc and can't hold out for the long term. Each strategy has its own merits
0 Kudos
Blik
Super Contributor
One question is what do you consider a "penney share". According to Frank Black (who I dont support) I think OML would qualify now. Maybe a better indicator than share prices is NAV or another ratio. Awethu went up about 80% yesterday, but I dont think I would like to "trade" that one. Maybe have a look at ISA - if you watch it carefully you may be able to get in around the low 20 range, and if they have good results you may be able to get out in the low 30s. Still any high % gains you may get, you have to balance that with the fact that you could lose it all. I made a mistake with BDM - bought at 99, watched ip up over 500, then missed a sell by 1 cent, and then watched it all the way down to where it is now. Fortunately I dont need the cash - but its still a loss (paper or not) - I could have had a fiver bagger in two years, and missed it by a cent - DOH!
0 Kudos
Not applicable
Ek dink n ou moet gaan sit en dink wat vir jou gaan werk,gaan n 10% groei vir jou werk of soek jy meer. Persoonlik dink ek is n 10% groei nie sleg nie,veral met die mark wat nie lekker is nie.
0 Kudos
Not applicable
Lees ook Kieth se website: http://smallcaps.co.za
0 Kudos
Not applicable
If you managed to get FRT at 7 or 8 cents like some of us daring traders who averaged down from a cost of +-30 cents to a cost of 13 cents, then u smiling, FRT is the one, good prospects on the cards...
0 Kudos
Galuc
Super Contributor
What prospects supasid? I have sorted pussyfooted around this one for awhile and can't make up my mind.
0 Kudos
topgun
Super Contributor
Yea, please tell us about the prospects!!! A R21.5 m interim loss, an imminent R20 m emergency rights offer with the directors currently providing bridging finance to facilitate ongoing liquidity, a meagre opm at the best of times, FRT themselves are only expecting a return to profitability in the medium-term...provided they survive?? You are playing musical chairs...which of course can be profitable at times...
0 Kudos
Not applicable
I firmly believe that a company with a R1bn turnover and variable cost structures (they don't have capital intensive operations) must be able to turnaround. If not, they must surely be a great takeover target, given their client base and skill set
0 Kudos
Not applicable
i suppose I should add that that is the whole point with penny stocks, big risk, big reward. Liquidity prevents you from cycling in and out, you have to hold them for the long haul, in the hopes of making the mythical 10 bagger
0 Kudos
SkarlakenKoos
Frequent Contributor
penny wise... pound foolish. Don't buy anything that's under R5. Sasol moved 7% yesterday... is that too little for you? Remember that you buy R20k worth of stock... not x times a given share. The actual price of the share is completely irrelevant when it comes to affordability.
0 Kudos
Not applicable
Liquidity is the key. Take Silverbridge Holdings (SVB). No volume to trade and one wonders why the owners of a Company like this would actually want to list the Company on the JSE given that the bulk of the shares are owned by 3 main groups. Where is the volume of shares for trading purposes? Stick with the liquid stocks and rather trade within their trading ranges. For what it is worth the CEO of Petmin bought up a big chunk of shares yesterday off market.
0 Kudos
topgun
Super Contributor
At a substantial premium to the ruling market price...
0 Kudos