Visit our COVID-19 site for latest information regarding how we can support you. For up to date information about the pandemic visit www.sacoronavirus.co.za.

bs-regular
bs-extra-light
bs-light
bs-light
bs-cond-light-webfont
bs-medium
bs-bold
bs-black

Community

Share knowledge. Ask questions. Find answers.

Online Share Trading

Engage and learn about markets and trading online

Penny Shares

platsak
Super Contributor
Theres been 2 posts today re penny shares thats very dubious imo. In the opinion of the forum which penny shares represents the best value out there currently. I have had an stategy of buying selected ones on yearly lows. ADW, SAN, DON, TLM which strategy seems to be working.
0 Kudos
26 REPLIES 26
Galuc
Super Contributor
I was in two minds ADW or BEL, went with the latter so took a punt with Bell a couple of weeks ago. On the weekend I was with family who reps steel on the kzn coast and his comment was that Bell are loaded with stock, not placing orders for material and that some of there staff are on short time. I guess I made the wrong choice, subsequently ADW has had a great run.
0 Kudos
Wizard
Super Contributor
I see BFS might do well
0 Kudos
Wizard
Super Contributor
MTX as well
0 Kudos
platsak
Super Contributor
Whats the forums opinion on Actowers, Buildmax and alert?
0 Kudos
Not applicable
Actowers a great buy, Coronation smaller caps fund just taken a bit interest in the last quarter
0 Kudos
Blik
Super Contributor
I bought some BDM (and MTX) a while back and have watched both go up and both come down....I should have sold high, but didnt for various reasons, one being that I dont have very many, and that I am willing to hold these both as very long term punts. For BDM, I think that the big Diesel Power merge, may take a couple of years to get the feel of the financials and where the company is going. I think that they do hold some good contracts with coal transporting, and I have liked the companies management team. I am keen to add a couple more shares of BDM to my portfolio, but I dont buy small caps in large quantities.
0 Kudos
richardw
Super Contributor
I've bought some Mustek (MST). Likely to get a rough ride in the short term, but the CEO is buying lots. If divs ever get back to previous numbers, it'll print money.
0 Kudos
Not applicable
PAN looks like it might be worth buying for a medium to long term hold.
Despite being in the penny share stable it has excellent growth potential, has just acquired a very lucrative platinum tailing re-treatment project (announced today) and is paying dividends already which are mainly funded from it's operating gold mines in the Barberton Area
...one to watch IMO!
0 Kudos
richardw
Super Contributor
Another is IWE - Interwaste. Great market to be in, new regulations requiring proper waste disposal. Long term, it'll do nicely.
0 Kudos
rainbird
Occasional Contributor
If the CEO of MST is buying plenty how come no SENS issued recently?
0 Kudos
richardw
Super Contributor
Let me qualify that - I think there could well be some downside, so I'm waiting, but I will buy long-term!
0 Kudos
rainbird
Occasional Contributor
0 Kudos
richardw
Super Contributor
Cool - maybe watch out for dips, which is what I'm doing. If the green shoots go ugly, as I expect, I think we'll get more for cheap. But long term it could be a win.
0 Kudos
Brommie
Frequent Contributor
Platsak, you have the correct strategy regarding SAN. We can keep buying with confidence - graph and fundamentals looks great.
0 Kudos
Not applicable
What about VOX, WEZ SEJ?
0 Kudos
Not applicable
I mean SKJ ?
0 Kudos
Tich
Occasional Contributor
Talking Penny shares, what is anyones take on OLD (Onelogix). Good results, recent good aquisitions (see prev hi vols a few weeks ago) . A note on charting, the OBV is not reacting yet but the Bollinger band shows an interesting narrowing pattern?
0 Kudos
platsak
Super Contributor
Onelogix dont seem to be able to convert the good business into good dividends and share value. Other than that I like the share but dont hold any. Im open to suggestions though as the situation could have changed. Any other opinions on the share will of course apreciated?
0 Kudos