Visit our COVID-19 site for latest information regarding how we can support you. For up to date information about the pandemic visit www.sacoronavirus.co.za.

bs-regular
bs-extra-light
bs-light
bs-light
bs-cond-light-webfont
bs-medium
bs-bold
bs-black

Community

Share knowledge. Ask questions. Find answers.

Online Share Trading

Engage and learn about markets and trading online

Penny for yout thoughts

john_1
Super Contributor
only a capital event if you sell a roll over is not a sale.. An instalment is like a home loan... borrow money from bank to buy asset.. if you change you bond you don't pay capital gain even if there has been gain.. only if you sell. a roll over is a re-negotation of the lending agreement nothing to do with the asset.
0 Kudos
Maggie
Super Contributor
Although I hate to admit it, I am impressed John, thought you were a person of minimal intelligence. Just shows you, even I can be wrong.
0 Kudos
john_1
Super Contributor
Hey Maggie, Just when exactly have you ever been right?
0 Kudos
Maggie
Super Contributor
0 Kudos
Surf_Rat
Super Contributor
my opinion on this deal is max you going to get without messing with capital is like 7 to 8% inclusive of dividends so take what you need a year and add inflation factor on top of that then gross it up after tax ,now go back see how much you short and then work out how much capital you are going to chow annually ,to work out how many years you got to go if you are a male then go 3 scores and ten and add 8 years for safety if your BMI is below 30 and you do not smoke or drink to much if you are a lady add 15 years basically what I am saying the earlier we learn how to profit on speculating the ups and downs the longer we are going to have a good life cause basically its impossible to make it unless you own like 5% of aspen ( just your medical aid , DSTV ,and rates and taxes are going to wipe you out, imagine you an old duck in Knysna for 20 years living in a old house paying 300 bucks rates now your property valued at 2 million and rates are 3000 bucks now you must move to the caravan park )
0 Kudos