Visit our COVID-19 site for latest information regarding how we can support you. For up to date information about the pandemic visit www.sacoronavirus.co.za.

bs-regular
bs-extra-light
bs-light
bs-light
bs-cond-light-webfont
bs-medium
bs-bold
bs-black

Community

Share knowledge. Ask questions. Find answers.

Online Share Trading

Engage and learn about markets and trading online

Performing well and under the radar

fressa
Regular Contributor
Super group has seen some super returns in the past month. Ive heard very little news about them but am considering increasing my position. Does anyone have any info/opinion on the company?
0 Kudos
10 REPLIES 10
owens
Not applicable
I had a look and they seem to be on the up and dont look as if they have peaked yet, the annual results are out about 10 Feb
0 Kudos
Funnymoney
Frequent Contributor
I think people are starting to get in for that very reason. I think I read that they expect decent results and things seem to be on the up.
0 Kudos
sponono
Super Contributor
Hardly any super-performance: since Sep 2012 this stock is up 11% so is the ALSI. On the other hand CFR is up 26% (over twice the market performance), that is "performing well under the radar"
0 Kudos
Franksays
Frequent Contributor
Depends on when in the year you are comparing it to. Up 110% since I bought in Oct 2011. I consider that a super return in just over a year. One could also argue that from Oct 2011 to Jul 2012 CFR went nowhere. I own shares in both companies and I believe in both from a fundamentalpoint of view. Its all relative to what you decide the starting point is.
0 Kudos
Not applicable
4% up for the day - I'm smiling....
0 Kudos
Funnymoney
Frequent Contributor
Agree with Franksays.. I also got in a bit later.. and I'm up 124%. They were trading sideways for a while, but recently it has been climbing nicely again.
0 Kudos
Airborn
Contributor
Good Company fundementals and like new management but believe they are not going to shoot the lights out in the coming results and the market has priced for that. In this space I prefer Value (VLE) and Eqstra (EQS) as they have more share upside potencial in the medium term.
0 Kudos
Russ
Super Contributor
I think the market knows what to expect from their trading statement on 4 Dec.
0 Kudos
Not applicable
i wont be surprised if it breaks R25 early this year
0 Kudos
Funnymoney
Frequent Contributor
0 Kudos