Visit our COVID-19 site for latest information regarding how we can support you. For up to date information about the pandemic visit www.sacoronavirus.co.za.

bs-regular
bs-extra-light
bs-light
bs-light
bs-cond-light-webfont
bs-medium
bs-bold
bs-black

Community

Share knowledge. Ask questions. Find answers.

Online Share Trading

Engage and learn about markets and trading online

Phuthuma Nathi

Not applicable
Dealing for the first time with over the counter share.Phuthuma Nathi‘s net asset value was given by the experts as being in excess of R80.00, the share opened (8/12/11) around R25.00 and climbed to around R60.00 some three weeks later, but since then it has been dropping almost all the time and is currently around R35.00. I hold a big chunk and am getting worried as to how low this share can go, and if I must dispose some or wait. Any advice will be appreciated.
0 Kudos
24 REPLIES 24
sponono
Super Contributor
yep 7% down today.
0 Kudos
Not applicable
I see u replying to all the post except the one you created about the alsi taking out 700 today... wonder why?...very unlike you to be quiet..
0 Kudos
SimonPB
Valued Contributor
an amrk, maybe this is why you attract sewerage ??
0 Kudos
sponono
Super Contributor
trading is not a competition. waited for 30,700. it did not come so I stayed out. simple.
0 Kudos
Not applicable
come on Simon ive been given huge amounts of grief here ..beyond waht i reasonable...allow me some retribution....you say nothing when it goes the other way..and people are throwing punches from behind....if u gonna dish it out be prepared to take it...dont just scurry and hide..I know your nose is still out of joint over the whole BIL thing but get it back in joint ...ppl are starting to notice.
0 Kudos
sponono
Super Contributor
trading is not a competition.
0 Kudos
SimonPB
Valued Contributor
bigger man .. two wrongs .. an all .. surely ?? or not ??
0 Kudos
SimonPB
Valued Contributor
an maybe tis why you get the grief ?? you like the fight, the clash of ego's and that will always end in flames ..
0 Kudos
Not applicable
absolutely agree as far as trading goes...I compete against no one or nothing but my targets and my previous performance. I have to ask though...why then have u been so gleeful at the small victories...uve been a real grootbek and used every opportunity to try and dicredit me...looks like you in competition to me?
0 Kudos
Not applicable
i open this topic to read about Phuthuma Nathi - plz take your battles elsewhere!
0 Kudos
Som2
Contributor
I have to agree with "dolphinshark", this is a good topic. Please take your battle somewhere gentlemen.
0 Kudos
Pepi
Regular Contributor
Rana - go to www.moneyweb.co.za - for what it's worth there are a few articles regarding Phuthuma and they occur periodically, so keep an eye every other day or so - good luck
0 Kudos
JulzM
Regular Contributor
i sold all my phuthu today at R31.....this share is going nowhere,lol!very illiquid
0 Kudos
Not applicable
what is the share code for these?
0 Kudos
JulzM
Regular Contributor
0 Kudos
Not applicable
OK, my 2c worth regarding Phutuma Nathi stock. I am not sure I would be comfortable with this kind of investment personnally. It is not traded on an open exchange - so the demand is created by a subset of the investment community. Institutions will not be able to touch it - and institutions create the biggest demand. Nor is Multichoice acting as any kind of market maker. So the share price is largely set by your fellow BEE investors, of which there are few, hence the illiquidity. You will have to rely on them to get excited and drive up the demand (and price) again. My 3rd problem with this type of investment, is who controls the rules pertaining to accounting practise. Since it is OTC and outside of JSE - are they bound by the same GAAP? Now with regards to PN1 and PN2 in particular, you are minority investors in a subsidiary of a very very large company. You have very little, if no say at all in how that company is run. At least with a stock on the JSE - the general shareholder community can exercise some say in the matter.
0 Kudos
JulzM
Regular Contributor
Interesting opinion Skaaptjop
0 Kudos
kicc
Frequent Contributor
TO me the key issue will be what dividend they declare this year - the last one was 88 cents but that was not the full dividend as most of it used to pay the debt - now with the debt out of the way - i expect the dividend to be in the region of 400 cents - which if correct then i am prepared to buy at the 25-30 rand level as no other share will give this kind of dividend payout - as for capital growth - we need big BEE institutions to come in - that will drive the price up closer to the valuations - but we may have to wait for that and in the interim - if the divi - is there im prepared to hold on - any views on what the divi will be this year?
0 Kudos
Not applicable
@kicc, not so sure big institutions would want to get in on Phutuma Nathi. I don't want to get into a debate on BEE right or wrongs, but the PN deal strikes me as a mechanism designed to keep the big BEE companies out of Multichoice. My own opinion on the
0 Kudos